Native Python BrewPi controller

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Jon Heron

Reaction score
Thank you for your efforts!

I have a dual chamber I am looking to control with a single Pi 3A+ using fuscus and fermentrack.

I have managed to get them up and communicating well for a single instance.

If I understand this correctly I can just start 2 separate instances of fuscus each with its own ini file?

Also, on the upper chamber I am using a 12V peltier device to do the heating and cooling. I use a SPDT relay to change the polarity for heating or cooling. I can see an easy way to implement that with fuscus though I wonder if you could point me where to look to add a control for the fans that are used to blow on the heat sinks on the peltier?

I would like them to have an off delay so they run for a few minutes after the peltier is powered down.

I have a fan in the lower chamber too. It uses the guts of an old viking fridge and a 140w heater.

Any advice or guidance here would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jon

Attachments

Jon Heron

Reaction score
I managed to get 2 instances running by just copying and renaming the directory to fuscusTop and editing the ini file to use a different path to connect to it.
This seems to work fine, I have both instances up and running and reading the sensors.
Is this the right approach?
Cheers,
Jon

day_trippr

Covid-19 Vaccine Effectivity Test Subject
Reaction score
I've always used the same approach cloning BrewPi instances, even between host systems.
I have as many as four of them directed by one RPi host, so I'd vote yes :)

Cheers!

LBussy

A Cunning Linguist
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
You can also clone a local repo to another local location, and then optionally re-link it back to the remote:

Code:
git clone {source path} {destination path}
git remote set-url origin {source URL}
This is handy if you have some local changes you want to keep, but still have it link to the remote repo.

day_trippr

Covid-19 Vaccine Effectivity Test Subject
Reaction score
While BrewPi (and presumably Fermentrack and other parallel projects) provides a fan control (you'll find it in the Device Manager) it typically only runs when a cooling or heating function is active.
I don't use it, however. imo a fan used to prevent chamber temperature stratification should run 24/7 - and all of mine do just that...

Cheers!

Jon Heron

Reaction score
I am not sure where to find this fan control in fuscus or fermentrack?
I looked through some of the scripts in the fuscus folder and dont see a Device manager?
Cheers,
Jon