Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll help this along a bit. I may be out of touch for a while, so I may not be a responsive as necessary.

On a clear day you can see a city from a neighboring country from the terrace of this castle.

Here'another place at the top. This shot shows one of the ways up. Taken in 2017:
2017 1.png

..with the Mall diagonally from mid-right to Buckingham Palace in the trees mid-left.

I'm going to guess Boston, MA.

This doesn't have anything to do with my answer, but I feel compelled to share this Bad Weather Brewing sign:

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Yep, Boston. Looking southwest over the Charles, pic taken while standing on the Longfellow Bridge in 2016.

The spire on the rightmost building is usually blue. Red for inclement weather. Blinking red for a rain-cancelled Red Sox game.

The spire on the rightmost building is usually blue. Red for inclement weather. Blinking red for a rain-cancelled Red Sox game.

And here I thought it was going to be about that thing that looks like a giant lightbulb over the building on the left. Maybe Acme headquarters . :D
idea.png

(I'm sorta color blind and didn't notice a building top is red until you told us about it.)

Here's one from 1967:
67 1.png

Last edited:
Okay, I moved to this fair city just before the pandemic hit and I haven't been able to explore it as much as I've wanted to. Gotta get on that.

That's Union Station and the Meeting of the Waters fountain in Aloe Plaza.

St. Louis it is. Right after I posted the first picture, I remembered that you listed yourself as from St. Louis and figured I just gave you a freebie. I wondered why you hadn't responded. And yes it is Union Station which was once a big deal, but the trains don't even actually use it anymore.
You're up, @DBhomebrew, and, as I mentioned on another forum, your name and hometown are close to mine.

Last edited:
St. Louis it is. Right after I posted the first picture, I remembered that you listed yourself as from St. Louis and figured I just gave you a freebie. I wondered why you hadn't responded. And yes it is Union Station which was once a big deal, but the trains don't even actually use it anymore.
You're up, @DBhomebrew, and, as I mentioned on another forum, your name and hometown are close to mine.

Truth be told, Fenton. Don't get downtown too often yet. Kirkwood, I know. It's where we've found some of our favorite restaurants.

I'll get on the next clue after work.

Children's pool, La Jolla, CA. One of my family's favorite spots (and also the location of our last pre-kid vacation).

You're up.

I've been craving the crab cakes from some little place at a marina. Don't remember the name, but we found it on our first night there and I made sure to have lunch there on the last day too. Crab cakes, a fried fish sandwich, and a crisp cold localish beer. Gulls dive bombing leftovers.

It'll be a while before we get back there, damn kids.

Yup, I love La Jolla (and Del Mar). My wife and I once blew a ridiculous amount of money for a night at La Valencia (fancy hotel is behind the palm trees in the picture) and we were clearly not the type that usually stays at a place like that...

Here's a picture from my more usual type of vacation.

100_0081.jpeg

Yup, I love La Jolla (and Del Mar). My wife and I once blew a ridiculous amount of money for a night at La Valencia (fancy hotel is behind the palm trees in the picture) and we were clearly not the type that usually stays at a place like that...

Yeah, we had rented a little one bedroom apartment from a gal who was AirBnBing her place after moving in with her fiance. SoCal sure is expensive. We stayed in San Diego, day trip up to La Jolla for breakfast, the aquarium (truly excellent!), and the walk to see the sea lions.

Dinkelsbühl it is! You're up.

The story behind my pic...we were there in March, hardly a tourist in the place. I aimed my camera, then out of that doorway comes this woman with her dog. I tried to wait her out, but she would not move and just kept gaping at me.

If it were summer there would be 100 people in that frame, so one person isn't bad.

I'm surprised there aren't more street view friendly views on Google Maps. It looks like a lovely place.

Here's the next one from me:
beach.jpg

Back