Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one is maybe a little more obscure. I'm presently visiting here for the weekend.

skyline8.jpg

Montgomery County Courthouse, Clarksville,TN
I believe the ribbon and POW/MIA flag reflect the proximity of Ft. Campbell, home of the 101st Airborne.

Last edited:
The modern housing feels Mediterranean and mid-20th century - but probably not former Warsaw Pact?
So one of the PIGS countries or France?

Bridge is weird - those Gothic arches can't possibly be Roman, and you'd expect a rail bridge to have signs of pylons, but seems the wrong era to have been built for road traffic - so is it a canal bridge or aqueduct? Feels wrong to have Gothic arches in Greece or Italy, so further west?

Well all I can say is that I've spent a fair bit of time in southern France and SW Spain and I think I'd remember a bridge like that, so it's either in the Perpignan-Murcia bit or west of Seville. Beyond that, I've not got a clue.

Nah, Poland is PL, Portugal is P. And recepCAO (on the bar sign on the above the Smart car) with a ~ is a very Portuguese word-ending.

Never been to Portugal, but I'd assume there's too much "old town" for it to be anywhere on the Algarve, and we've already seen the famous bridges of Porto, so I guess that leaves Lisbon?

I've kinda got my hands full at the moment, if someone who hasn't posted any/many skylines before wants a go - otherwise I can do one in 2-3 days.

well i lurk this thread, and at least this one the country is obvious! :mug:

(i'm trying to figure, red? is that east or west coast?)

edit but that sign looks like they drive on the left and the malaysian flag is pretty similar....

Back