Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one isn't beer-related. I had some beer here, but mostly rum punch.

skyline.jpg

St. Croix? I’ll admit to using a globe (3D analog version). Not sure if that’s allowed.

As long as you aren't putting the image into a search engine you're good. There is no way this thread would continue without searches for skylines of suspected cities, maps, or searching for commonalities and odd things that stick out.

I once spent days with a satellite map traveling along German canals to find a specific bridge in the picture. Not cheating, lots of research involved, and didn't do an image search.

***DING-DING-DING*** St. Croix it is! Christiansted to be exact. SWMBO and I honeymooned there back in 2004. Hurricane Ivan had passed through the Caribbean the week before, so we nearly had the place to ourselves. As I said, we drank a lot more rum than beer, but it was still a fantastic time. We haven't been back, but I'd like to. Our 20th anniversary is coming up in a few years, so who knows?

I always thought it was humorous/ironic that we honeymooned in the Virgin Islands.

You're up, @duncan.brown!

Dartmouth?

Ding ding ding! Dartmouth, Devon it is. My next clue was going to be "the Mayflower stopped here 400 years ago." @bruce_the_loon is up next!

As part of the Mayflower 400 celebrations, shops and business have been setting up displays of important moments in US history. For bonus points, can you guess which president this is? o_O

IMG_3074.jpeg

I'll guess you are referring to the TV series with Martin Clunes.... and the town where it's filmed. I have no idea which it is unfortunately :confused:

Latest posts

Back