Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm running short on pics. The one below is me. I'm at about 7500ft above sea level. I would love to get up there again some day. Wonderful hike.

There is a big clue in the pic. Might not give it away to anyone who hasn't been there, but it will get you in the right area.

img_4754-67476.jpg

Beautiful and serene by the clue in the image you're in Colorado?

That's the state. Name the mountain or nearby city and you win.

Here's a couple more pics since there are probably a lot of mountains in CO :) That's my little brother there in first pic. Second pic is mine, but will definitely pop up in google image search, so don't do that.

img_4748-67477.jpg

img_4738-67478.jpg

no/no. Here is the view to the north. The peaks in the background are close to the Wyoming border. The valley in front of my mountain has the tubing river. In theory you could step out the door of New Belgium Brewing, walk 100', jump into this river, and float past this mountain (I can't actually remember which way it flowed though, so maybe not).

2016-08-24_114232-67479.jpg

So the town is obviously Ft. Collins and the river I guess is Cache la Poudre and I'm going to guess the mountain is Mt McConnel?

So the town is obviously Ft. Collins and the river I guess is Cache la Poudre and I'm going to guess the mountain is Mt McConnel?

On the right track. My mtn is much closer to Ft Collins. Also, note that my mtn is covered with gray rocks, not brown like McConnel ;)

Sorry, I guess this was much harder than I thought it would be. Next one I do will be easier, I promise.

Yup. I was nearly struck by lightning there. Great hike. I grew up there, so I figure unfair advantage. Also, I don't have a pic with me to post. I love that area though. Great fishing. And New Belgium is downstream from there, just to clarify.

Throughout most of human history, Mars has been an object of mythology and speculation. 4,000 years ago, Babylonian astronomers identified it as a planet. It's distance from the earth roughly calculated in the 17th century. Today I have a photograph taken on the surface on my phone. It is not unreasonable to speculate the someone who reads this post will be alive when a human walks on it's surface. Fvcking amazing.

You're up hoppers

First Congregational Church in Bennington, VT. Photo taken from W Rd.

I did a Google search of "old white church 'new england' ", and actually found the image of the abandoned residences first!

Pretty cool pic. I used to drive by it all the time on my way up to Stratton before the bypass to Route 7 was built.

You're up, Minky.

Yep, it's the building across the bay. This is the view from the new Ballast Point Brewery in Long Beach.

My sister lives in Los Alamitos and I just guessed somewhere near Long Beach and used Google maps to look at Yacht Clubs in Long Beach. It was easy to narrow down from there.

Turns out I was very near from where this photo was taken on Monday, not the brewery but a marina very close by to where the picture was taken. Trying to convince my wife we need a bigger sailboat.;)

CRW_6840.jpg

Back