Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sedona, AZ
Correct
Ya, like that was so hard.

The color of the rock and it's likely proximity to an airport would have made that an easy find even if someone had not been there before, but knew someone would recognize the Vortex in the picture.

I googled "red biplane," "rides" and "cliff" and up came Red Rock Biplane Rides. Bingo. Hear you go.

mystery town.jpg

Looked up "colorful Alaska Marina". It was way down the page but did not take long. Looks beautiful.

This image is BFE, but there are clues to the image. I will answer questions to help narrow it down.

Catalina Island?

Catalina's airport is at the top of the mountain with drop offs on either side, or so I have been told. As far as I know only airport in the Channel Islands near the water is on San Clemente. Unless an admiral has a really sweet beach house........ this is not on any of the Channel Islands.

Punta Pescadero?

This looks like the same place, and it may even say Punta Pescadero on the pavement under the plane in your photo.

Nice Job Minky. I went to try and look for it knowing what I know and figured it would take some sleuthing. You're up.

Nice Job Minky. I went to try and look for it knowing what I know and figured it would take some sleuthing. You're up.

Yeah, that required a bit of work. Started with a list of Baja airports on Wiki-pedia, and from there I just did a Google search starting with the private airstrips. I since looked on Google maps and it does have "Punta Pescadero" painted on the pavement!

ao.jpg

Back