Name That Skyline - Picture Game

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Nokie

Reaction score
Was going through my pictures and realized I had a few good ones for this thread.
Picture #1
D1EC2895-A1F1-4E72-8F91-72DC5B9CC606.jpeg

Picture #2
16417ED4-367E-4DE4-BF4A-BD326C946954.jpeg

These pictures aren’t related or even near each other. Hopefully I’m playing along correctly.

3 Dawg Night

Life is too short to drink crappy beer.
Lifetime Supporter HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully I’m playing along correctly.
Unfortunately, you are not! 😆

The way the game works is that whoever guesses correctly posts the next photo. Right now, it's @bruce_the_loon's turn, and his photo is posted just above yours. Take a guess, and if you're correct, you'll be up next!

Nokie

Reaction score
Unfortunately, you are not! 😆

The way the game works is that whoever guesses correctly posts the next photo. Right now, it's @bruce_the_loon's turn, and his photo is posted just above yours. Take a guess, and if you're correct, you'll be up next!
🤣🤣 Now I get it. Guess I should of read through the thread a little. My bad. 😂

D.B.Moody

Reaction score
I had an advantage: I live only an hour and a half from Palmyra. Palmyra, Illinois, that is. It sticks with me because longer ago than I care to remember I sold Chevrolet medium duty trucks, and Smokey Jennings Chevrolet in Palmyra was a big center for trucks.

Here's an historic city that still exists:

2012.JPG

Northern_Brewer

British - apparently some US company stole my name
Reaction score
Well we're obviously in one of the historic bits of Russia or thereabouts, so let's say Novgorod.

D.B.Moody

Reaction score
Yes, Russia, but not Novgorod. (Newer that that. :D) Here's another site in this city:
2012.2.JPG

Last edited:

D.B.Moody

Reaction score
When I said historic, I didn't mean ancient. Boston, MA, is older than this Russian city. Another picture:
2012.3.JPG

schmurf

Reaction score
Well I guess that's more or less right, as I understand it Surfers Paradise is a beach by the city in question, Gold Coast. You're up @pvpeacock .

pvpeacock

Reaction score
I was in Surfers Paradise in 1980 and my buddy and I went to a beer garden there. It was obviously not as built up back then. When we left the beer garden, I agreed to drive us back to Burleigh Heads where we were staying. Because I'd have a few beers at the beer garden, I was worried that I would accidently drive on the wrong side of the road. As I pulled out of the parking lot, I was very careful to stay to the left side of the road. Nevertheless, the people driving the other way kept honking their horns and yelling at me. After a few blocks, we realized I was driving the wrong way on a one way street. Oops.

Here you go.

Place 5.jpg

InspectorJon

Reaction score
There have been a lot of wars fought over this city. The picture is of the ancient walled portion of the city.