My mostly automated brucontrol setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tweaking never ends, but the fun is endless.

I just put together some dynamic, mash parameters for my system so it dynamically
calculate volumes and whatnot. I also just finished and tested an automated fly sparge setup the dynamically uses proportional ball valves to sync.

Next up is building the hop dropper.

State of the State with the interfaces and whatnot.

dDJpQSf.jpg

RaIgO6I.png

OfExlzE.png

marDObV.png

lol Id love to pay you to just design a graphic interface for my customers at the nano brewpub to see whats going on and whats on deck in fermenters and brite tanks... your graphics are amazing Die Beerery. I also wish I could display multiple screens of info at the same time which I believe Brundog is working on..

lol Id love to pay you to just design a graphic interface for my customers at the nano brewpub to see whats going on and whats on deck in fermenters and brite tanks... your graphics are amazing Die Beerery. I also wish I could display multiple screens of info at the same time which I believe Brundog is working on..

Thanks.. I have to put the giant waste of money that was a multimedia and web design degree sometimes.

Everything is just built from scratch in paint 3d.

Hey,
As always pretty cool stuff. So even though you are doing everything under n2, at the end you oxygenate your cold wort?

With everything going on with his system it's hard to tell what he's doing wrt steam management.
I was thinking the turntable could re-home after each addition if the open hole is a problem during the boil...

Cheers!

Last edited:
I have coming but not here yet a 1.5” tc solenoid. It is NC so when hops are called for it opens. After hop drops it closes. I do a soft boil and my steam escapes out the 3” center tc.

I have coming but not here yet a 1.5” tc solenoid. It is NC so when hops are called for it opens. After hop drops it closes. I do a soft boil and my steam escapes out the 3” center tc.
Do you have a link to the 1.5" solenoid valves? I've been trying to find some reasonably priced for my bottom drain.

It is NC so when hops are called for it opens. After hop drops it closes. I do a soft boil and my steam escapes out the 3” center tc.
I installed a trap door more than ten years ago to combat the steam from popping up the hops in the first tube.. A solenoid opens and closes the door as required.
100_4920.jpgDump_Door-Solenoid.jpgHopDispenser-2014.jpg

8-10 pin connections for the MFM’s, DO and PH. I removed the 10 conductor cables and soldered those outside of the panel but the rest are soldered in panel.

It looks like in your later pictures of your build you abandoned the 10 pin connectors for the MFMs and wired directly from the RFT9712 to the sensor. What was the reason for switching?

I have coming but not here yet a 1.5” tc solenoid. [...]

Of course. I expected no less :D

I do a soft boil and my steam escapes out the 3” center tc.

I could likely find out from one of your videos but if I might ask here are you using a condenser, or a hood?
The condenser thing has its attractions though there's a potential "didn't see that coming" downside as well...

Cheers!

It looks like in your later pictures of your build you abandoned the 10 pin connectors for the MFMs and wired directly from the RFT9712 to the sensor. What was the reason for switching?

Noise pickup.

Of course. I expected no less :D

I could likely find out from one of your videos but if I might ask here are you using a condenser, or a hood?
The condenser thing has its attractions though there's a potential "didn't see that coming" downside as well...

Cheers!

IMG_3364.JPG

Hood here.

Love the touchscreen functionality. Very cool :mug:
I didn't hear a large solenoid clicking during the hop staging, do you have that integrated yet?

Cheers!

I wonder if there would be less foaming through a flow control faucet?
I’ll look into the sf’s

Only issue I can see is the flow lever would need to stay in the same position all the time otherwise it would throw the calibration off, correct?

Aside from the microscopic kind on the down-stream side of the rotor blades, what drives the assumption that there is a pressure drop across a flow meter that would effect pour quality?

I have to say since I installed my six SF800 meters years ago I have never experienced any negative effects on pour quality even with spritely-carbed beers like weizens and wits...

Cheers!

Back