Music projects with my kids

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! More cow bell!!!!

Curious. I use to work at Avid. It's been a while. Is that what you used?
Since it's 100% a hobby based endeavor Pro Tools was not in the cards. I use Reaper, which can do everything for free but I ponied up the $75 donation because it's an extremely powerful, well made audio workstation. Almost our entire collection of audio gear is on the budget side except for the drumset that I funded over 20 years ago when I was a working musician.

I made my two oldest kids take piano lessons for years when they were little. They had no interest, as kids often don't, and today they don't play. By the time my 3rd kid was of age, we were out of energy and didn't bother getting him involved in music. Today, he's the only one of them that can play piano, and he does so regularly. Go figure.

I made my two oldest kids take piano lessons for years when they were little. They had no interest, as kids often don't, and today they don't play. By the time my 3rd kid was of age, we were out of energy and didn't bother getting him involved in music. Today, he's the only one of them that can play piano, and he does so regularly. Go figure.

The two older ones HATED piano lessons and we finally relented and stopped forcing them a few years ago and they are both the ones that we find play for fun all the time. The youngest never took to it and that's that and like you said, we're burned out on that argument.

I am that kid that had to take piano lessons for years. I haven't played a piano since I was 17.
But it wasn't a waste of time or money as it inspired me - just in other directions...

Cheers!

Quite a surprise seeing this post by you. It's awesome, and refreshing. You've got some awesome talent there between you and your kids. Big kudos to them, and for being so engaged!

The production is very nicely done too!

Quite a surprise seeing this post by you. It's awesome, and refreshing. You've got some awesome talent there between you and your kids. Big kudos to them, and for being so engaged!

The production is very nicely done too!
Thanks. I didn't realize how compartmentalized my various worlds were and then it just dawned on me. I was a working musician for years before I even got into brewing.

Back