Munich Helles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruhaha

Reaction score
Gonna try a Helles this weekend and getting my game plan together. I plan to ferment at 50F for two weeks, then let free ride to 65F for a day or two. Then rack to keg (add gelatin when beer is cooled) and lager at 33F for around 6 weeks. Will check FG before kegging.

Is this about right for my fermentation and conditioning plans? Thank you for helping.

Chill wort to pitching temp of 48° then add yeast.

Fridge temp should be 50-51°F

Put the primary in the fridge for 5-7 days. ( I wouldn't go two weeks thats too long IMO)

Then I usually put the fermenter in my house which stays around 72-74 and let it sit for 72 hours. Krausen should of dropped by this point.

When FG is stable and no diacetyl detected in the beer ramp the temp down to about 32

Gonna try a Helles this weekend and getting my game plan together. I plan to ferment at 50F for two weeks, then let free ride to 65F for a day or two. Then rack to keg (add gelatin when beer is cooled) and lager at 33F for around 6 weeks. Will check FG before kegging.

Is this about right for my fermentation and conditioning plans? Thank you for helping.

Sounds solid to me. I always check my gravity to see if I am .002 - .005 from my target FG before ramping up slowly (free ride is fine) for the d-rest. I always bring it down slowly after kegging to 33F. I go to my temp controller and bring it down 2F at a time until my target temp.

I always use a whirlfloc near end of boil and gelatin in the cold keg. I prefer my Pils to be crystal clear.

Back