Sanity check - keg purging / conditioning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzybee

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I brewed two beers yesterday and I'm moving the blowoff to their serving kegs for purging. I'd like to keg-condition these two beers. They currently are sitting under slight pressure, with some Starsan in them after being rinsed. My plan (for each) is to dissolve about 4oz of sugar in some hot ware, let it cool, and pour into the serving keg, then reseal, move the blowoff to the liquid out, and put the gas in on either a blowoff tube or sounding valve. Will I have any problem with the sugar water solution sitting in each keg (at room temp) while fermentation is happening in my FVs?

Will I have any problem with the sugar water solution sitting in each keg (at room temp) while fermentation is happening in my FVs?
Do it all the time. Should be fine as long as the keg is sanitized and you don't let any krausen blow into it from the FV. If you prefer, you can add the priming solution when you transfer the beer, either with a syringe connected to a QD or a PET bottle with a carbonation tee.

Latest posts

Back