Mr Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iggybear24

Reaction score
I haven't done Home Brewing in quite sometime. Started off doing 5 gallon extract batches, then went to grain. Being a single full time father to a three year old its hard getting time to go out to the shed and brew. My girlfriend bought me a Mr Beer Kit for fathers day and I was excited to see how much they have evolved with their recipes. The beer that came with my kit is the Patriot Lager, was curious if anyone has come up with anything they add to that beer to make it their own. Honey, hot peppers or anything to kick it up a notch. Also, if anyone has any other Mr Beer recipes they would like to share I would greatly appreciate it.

Well first, welcome back to the hobby. I think Mr. Beer or just small batches is a wonderful way to stay in the hobby if you found yourself having to brew larger batches outside away from your family. Not having that issue, I tend to brew larger batches but still.

I had this site bookmarked. I suppose it could just be a list of small batch recipes but the guy called it modified Mr. Beer recipes.
Take a look and also, join that large thread here on Mr. Beer.
http://bastardsbrew.weebly.com/modified-mr-beer-recipes.html

Thanks for the pointers, I'm thinking this Mr Beer thing will only last for a little while and then I'll have the bug back. If y'all see any more info please pass it my way. I already have found a few sites that offer "better" small batch brewing kits.

I started out with Mr beer, two batches in and I started doing extract..but due to size restrictions I still use the Mr beer keg as a primary, the spigot makes things nice and convenient, or even as a bottling bucket.

Back