Mounting Bench Cappers.......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownalemikie

Reaction score
Just curious if any of you that use bench cappers actually bolt them to a bench or piece of wood to help with stability while capping. Thanks!

Never have for capping or corking without any stability issues. Doesn't take a lot of force or awkward leverage to cap a bottle, so shouldn't give you problems.

Thank you for the speedy reply! So the capper stays in place while capping....what about when raising the handle, does it feel like it could tip over?

I have a Super Agata capper, the bench model. It doesn't do anything untoward as I raise the handle because my left hand is still holding the beer bottle.

If I had a permanent bench setup I might mount it to the bench, but not doing so doesn't limit its ability to cap.

Thank you for the speedy reply! So the capper stays in place while capping....what about when raising the handle, does it feel like it could tip over?

Nope. Solid as a rock. Well close enough. I guess it depends on your specific capper, but most designed today are self-standing designs anyway.

I have a couple of older models. They have screw holes for mounting, but I've never used them. They both seem fine sitting on the counter. I keep one in the closet and they other is currently sitting on a credenza in my hobby room in case I feel the urge to bottle something from the keg.

Back