Pump Mounting hardware or brackets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bf514921

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been searching the forum for pump mounting hardware options and having a heck of a time finding a thread that talks about the hardware options for pump mounting.

I currently have 2 different types of mounts employed in the brewery. The old fashioned U bolts, and some pipe standoffs. In each of these instances the pumps are mounted to a leg.

20240227_190653.jpg20240227_190719.jpg

I am looking for another option for the underside of my brew table. I run a third pump so that each vessel has its own deicated pump. The table looks like this. Originally it just sat on the lower shelf, but i would like a way to mount it to the underside of the talbe, possibley with a little bit of a stand off. I can drill through the table but it doesnt keep it Low enough to bring it out from under the table a bit for the out flow. The pump i am trying to mount is a spike flow.

20240227_190729.jpg

I am hoping for other suggestions, or suggested options. I look forward to what the forum can suggest, or being politly pointed to an existing thread i missed.

thanks you all for the help

Quick and cheap: cut some 2x4 pieces, screw them to the underside of the shelf, then screw the pump mounts to the blocks...
Less cheap and definitely not as quick: use either C channel or square tubing segments in place of the wood...

Cheers!

i would drill the holes and use a female hex union that's long enough. Included in the spacing measurement should be rubber washers to quell the vibration noise.

If you drill through the top, is it thick enough SS to countersink and have flush screws on the surface, or at worse carriage-bolts?
I'd probably do that using standoffs made by cutting small pipes to the length required for the drop.

I use aluminum extrusions to mount all my pumps. 80/20 is my company of choice.

Last edited:
I belive the table is 16 gauge, so not thick enough to flush but the top is strong enough, I really like the idea of standoffs or the extensions, make it solid but help get it out of the way and reduce some piping

@Brewers Hardware can custom make something similar to your second pic but with a plate that the pump bolts to. They list one with a single mount on their site but I found it to be a little flexy for my tastes. They made me a double and it was great. Only reason I'm no longer using it i I went to a Brew Cube which has square legs.

This is how my CFC is mounted. My table has two lengthwise rectangular channels underside the top. I mounted a piece of cutting board on two drawer slides and I can extend the CFC out so the disconnects are more accessible. I originally had a Therminator mounted on it but it sat flipped over on the bottom shelf. I repurposed it when I got my CFC.
1000011826.jpg
1000011827.jpg

This is how my CFC is mounted. My table has two lengthwise rectangular channels underside the top. I mounted a piece of cutting board on two drawer slides and I can extend the CFC out so the disconnects are more accessible. I originally had a Therminator mounted on it but it sat flipped over on the bottom shelf. I repurposed it when I got my CFC.View attachment 843304View attachment 843305
Just have to say: Elegant and beautiful solution! I love heavy-duty drawer-rails...they used to be all over my studio furniture...hadn't even occurred to me to incorporate them into a brewing setup.
:bigmug:

Just have to say: Elegant and beautiful solution! I love heavy-duty drawer-rails...they used to be all over my studio furniture...hadn't even occurred to me to incorporate them into a brewing setup.
:bigmug:
Thanks, they are nice compared to older styles of drawer rails! I started using them after fixing a set of built in drawers in my house. I used them for a printer stand besides here. This CFC shelf is slightly over-engineered because it was mounted originally on the bottom shelf and needed to clear the lip. I had that channel material to screw the brackets into on the top. It's like 1/2" space or so. My table may have it to help support the legs. I don't know if it is common on other SS tables. The OP does need to clear the lip of the underside, so an offset is needed which is what I think @day_trippr was suggesting. C channel I agree would be good there to clear the lip. A sliding shelf with waterproof design would be useful to block spills. Another consideration too is that the screws need to be fairly flat inside the rail to account for the extensions.

A con for mine is that the table was on the cheaper side so the top seems to bow a little towards the middle and when open, the shelf will slide a little. Also, my garage floor had a floor drain and there is some slight slope there too. If I were to redo it, I'd measure carefully for the maximum distance I'd want the equipment to extend, so it would lock open. There's a catch on them when they aren't extended. More an issue of the table and floor not being level.

1st iteration update. i didnt like the placement I had originally intended to mount it with 4 holes but it didnt work how i thought it would. it stuck out a bit to far after i attached the tee i run on the front of pumps.
t20240315_185321.jpg20240315_185325.jpg20240315_185328.jpg20240315_185336.jpg

This is the second iteration that will probably stay around for awhile. I like that the tee doesnt stick out as far. I ended up using u bolts and 1.5 in hard mount to the same sort of steel in the first one.20240316_223458.jpg20240316_223503.jpg20240316_223513.jpg20240316_223528.jpg20240316_223536.jpg20240316_225608.jpg

Latest posts

Back