Morning all !! So some how I got a hop pellet in the house and my 1 year old

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i went on a brewery tour once and the tour guide gave each person a hop pellet to "munch" on when we got to the hop house....other then it didn't taste great there was no problems...there were even kids on our tour

Just make sure you use the 3 second rule and make sure it goes in the boil, not as a dry hop.

He will probably remember the hop episode for many years. When he gets old enough, tell him that is what lite beers taste like, (even though they have no taste). Show him that craft and home brews taste good, and nothing like those lite beers of his first tasting.

you flocced up. this is gonna be your kid in 30 years. eating a hop salad with Simcoe & Citra dressing and washing it down with a 10xIPA. you better balance that out with some mashed barley.

0911001912a.jpg

I have heard of kids eating guinea pig turds without harm. The hops are fine if the child doesn't choke. I eat them all of the time as a flavor comparison.

Back