Mimosa IPA clone recipe help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golfgod04

Reaction score
So, I have had 2 amazing mimosa inspired ipas. The first was by Black Market Brewing out of CA. There description "We just tapped, “Champers ‘85.” This is a Mimosa inspired DIPA (8.5% abv), brewed & dry hopped w/ Idaho 7 & Mandarina Bavaria hops. It was also dry zested with valencia orange zest. Fermented with a blend of one of our house yeast strains and sacch trois. "

And the 2nd one was Mast Landing out of Maine Power Brunch IPA description "Inspired by our love of brunch and bottomless mimosas, POWER BRUNCH is a 4.4% session IPA brewed with orange juice! Our collaboration beer with our friends at Dancing Gnome is light and refreshing, with a burst of orange and citrus."

I was wondering if anyone can help me figure out the best yeast and dry hopping for this. I'm mostly curious about yeast choice (dont think me blending my own yeast would go well) and how to do orange zest or juice. Thanks in advance for any help

Back