Masstoberfest 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry guys. I had planned to attend all the way up to Saturday morning. Unfortunately, we had a personal emergency at home, and I had to scrap my plans. Maybe next time. Looks like it was a good time.

It was a great party...unfortunately my time was slightly dampened by the $1500+ (estimate) for the tail light and dinged bumper of the nice lady's Camary I nudged with my truck while trying to let Yeager leave early.... :(

Thanks Paul....next time..I'm parking on the corner though!

It was a great party...unfortunately my time was slightly dampened by the $1500+ (estimate) for the tail light and dinged bumper of the nice lady's Camary I nudged with my truck while trying to let Yeager leave early.... :(

that seems abnormally high

Are you ****ing ****ting me? That's absurd! ****ing A, man, that sucks.

Are you ****ing ****ting me? That's absurd! ****ing A, man, that sucks.

Yup... shop was talking about straightening frame and blending paint... blah blah blah... Just told them to go through insurance. I'm not buying her a new car...sheesh. :mad:

My insurance has accident forgiveness and no deductable since I am not getting anything fixed on my truck (not even a smudge on my bumper)....so as long as her car gets fixed...I could care less how much they screw the insurance company.

Yup... shop was talking about straightening frame and blending paint... blah blah blah... Just told them to go through insurance. I'm not buying her a new car...sheesh. :mad:

My insurance has accident forgiveness and no deductable since I am not getting anything fixed on my truck (not even a smudge on my bumper)....so as long as her car gets fixed...I could care less how much they screw the insurance company.

It's the insurance that makes the quote so high; it's cheaper for the insurance company to just pay the inflated bill from the body shop (and pass along the costs via higher premiums) than to question why small jobs cost so much.

My wife had a similar amount of damage on her old car a few years ago; bumper was smashed, I think, and some lights. Can't remember everything, but it wasn't that bad. It "cost" me a $500 deductible, but the actual bill to the insurance company was something like $6,000. For a car that might have been worth $8,000! If I had been inclined to fix it myself, with aftermarket parts and maybe a junkyard bumperskin, it would have cost probably 15% of that.

Crap! Didn't know about that!

Slamming the car into reverse, stomping on the gas and smashing into a car parked directly behind you in broad daylight causing almost $2000 in damage hardly seems like its passive anything to me. I think she should have called the cops and had them haul his skinny mutha farkin' arse away.

I can't believe this thread is still going. I thought the mods would have closed it down by now.

Masshole thread is still going though not a lot of posts since ptn moved all traffic to his pizza oven (Luke Skywalkers Aunt and Uncles Tattoine House) and this thread....

Great party - six (or was it seven) different brews going on at once with a variety of rigs, six different kegs of beer, and another great pig (sorry Wilbur).

Great meeting some new guys from the south shore, and seeing some friends from here, and previous 'fests.

Well done Paul and Ali! Well done.

Stein beer was delivered Thursday

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412361818.674884.jpg

OK. Masstoberfest 2014 mystery.

Wife was putting my shorts in the wash when she found a silver leatherman carbiner/wrench/bottle opener thing hooked on the back loop. Anyone misplace this on my backside somehow????

#PlasmaBalls #OperaButts #MasstoberfestMysteries

Back