Masstoberfest 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good idea, I don't want any of you idiots getting near it.

So why the bail on a stein beer?

... because I was hoping to get out of work early this afternoon to run around for bibs and bobs and all that, but it didn't happen. I might still do the steinbier, if I can get some **** together this week, but regardless I'm going to need yeast.

... because I was hoping to get out of work early this afternoon to run around for bibs and bobs and all that, but it didn't happen. I might still do the steinbier, if I can get some **** together this week, but regardless I'm going to need yeast.

Bird, do you need yeast... 05 ?? as stated, i will be going by TWB thursday nite to get
alt base. if you need 05, i will retrieve it for you ... moocha's smoocha's
smurfmeat ... :beard:

That be ok, i just back charge the fest ... :roll eyes: ... ;) ... :beard:. but i'll just get it back in pizza ...

Does anyone have any old newspaper they want to part with?? any and all will be helpful ... :D ... :tank:

So Paul, your setting a start time of one and expecting people to brew?!?

I'll be there at 9 setting up and getting water ready. I'll get Bertha some wood while your sleeping also.

Bringing Bertha 3 home from Worcester. I'm going to retire B1, the old girl is >10 years old and she is showing her age. She could be rehabbed but I don't have the time. For some strange reason Alice is drawing the line at one BBQ trailer in the yard. Go figure.
If anyone wants a project speak up or she'll be razor blades soon.

She's not bad. Hell the firebox alone is worth grabbing, never mind the trailer. But I don't have time and we don't need three. Even when Drunken and I do big parties we only use two. At the last wedding we did we cooked 8 turkey's and 75 racks of ribs in the two of them.

So I'm on the road and it's Wednesday so I see if Cape is working at the Bog.

And he starts whining about how he works so hard and his "Work from Home Wednesdays" really are long, hard days...

"I don't even get over there till herself gets home after 7!"

"Oh. You 'work from home' then go to a bar and drink beer at 7. Damn! You poor SOB! "

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Joo90ZWrUkUhttp://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AnfbhdELQLA

Load 16 tons
Waddah ya get
Anudda day oldah
And deeper in debt
St Petah don't ya call me
My time can't be near
I'm shoveling Bog Malt
Makin ' the beer.

Damn. Cape? that'd be like a pro-am event at the brewery.

Weather's looking great for the whole weekend - Wahoo!!

Gotto go get some sox and other supplies for the Pahty

Bite my gigantic jackass.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411596032.309851.jpg

Thank you, Smurfie!

Bringing down my leaf blower and some metal pipe so we can get the fire REALLY stoked. Paulie, you got plenty of stuff we can burn?

I'm going to get propane tanks filled today. I need to set everything out so I don't forget something.

Hey Smurfy, how much hop utilization do you think you get with the steinbier approach? I'm just doing a simple grist - probably just pilsner malt and some Munich - and don't want any hop flavor, but I have no idea how much hop extraction I'm going to get. Any idea if it's better or worse than when you brew a beer the "normal" way?

Hey Smurfy, how much hop utilization do you think you get with the steinbier approach? I'm just doing a simple grist - probably just pilsner malt and some Munich - and don't want any hop flavor, but I have no idea how much hop extraction I'm going to get. Any idea if it's better or worse than when you brew a beer the "normal" way?

Can't say fer sure. this will be an alt base. extract/ grains. be more smoke flavor then anything till it mellows.

Back