March Pump Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get ready for the onslaught of "how does this pump work" threads starting next week...

I bought two 6' x 3/8" ID silicone tubing when I picked up the pump at Austin Homebrew yesterday, theirs is relatively cheap and it works great.

Just ordered the fittings from McMaster-Carr including quick disconnects to hook it all up.

1 - 4464K214
1 - 47865K23
2 - 6537K93
2 - 6537K75
2 - 44555K135
1 - 5407K57

Will post in the Equipment forum with pics when I get it all assembled. I plan to mount the pump in a cheap toolbox (a cool trick I have seen on here before).

My purchase is intended for my evolution into building a basement brewery, my next purchase will probably be a counterflow chiller, so I would have interest in a group buy if one should happen to come up...

Thanks for giving us this opportunity, Forrest!

I'll finally be able to stop guessing what my CO2 tank and regulator pressures are, too! :eek:

What kind of Counterflow CHiller and is there any other interest?

Forrest

cheap LOL. just the basic copper-in hose chiller. the one on your site seems to be a good price, however cheaper is always better :)

counterflow4thumb.jpg

I got home this morning from work and it felt like christmas. There was a big beautiful package waiting for me.

Thanks eeebigeee and AHS.

It was a great deal that I could not pass up. Now what do I do with these?

I got home this morning from work and it felt like christmas. There was a big beautiful package waiting for me.

Thanks eeebigeee and AHS.

It was a great deal that I could not pass up. Now what do I do with these?
You both realize you don't need them and sell one to me who was poor last week but has money this week :)

I bought two 6' x 3/8" ID silicone tubing when I picked up the pump at Austin Homebrew yesterday, theirs is relatively cheap and it works great.

Just ordered the fittings from McMaster-Carr including quick disconnects to hook it all up.

1 - 4464K214
1 - 47865K23
2 - 6537K93
2 - 6537K75
2 - 44555K135
1 - 5407K57

Bought a B&D toolbox from Wally World for $10. It's approx 19x10x10 which holds the pump perfectly.

Front (pump inlet QD) / inside, 1 1/8" hole:
dsc01810.jpg

Back (pump outlet QD) / outside, 1" hole:
dsc01809.jpg

Silicon hoses attached with barb fittings to the female QDs:
dsc01811.jpg

Fit is so good, I didn't bother mounting the pump to the box though I could... mainly I wanted easy storage with protection against dropping the pump and cracking the head. I have some double sided tape I'll probably throw in there after I get a chance to do a longer test run.

I don't have any spigots on my pots yet so for now I will prime using an autosiphon connected to the pump outlet.

looking good sacc. How is piming going wit it mounted horizontally like that? I have mine mounted vertically, and have learned how to prime pretty easily now.

FYI this month's BYO magazine has a great writeup on a tool box pump setup written by a fellow HBT member. Great article Ryan

Back