Malt Mill in carry-on luggage?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juan_bernado

Reaction score
Hey,

am I allowed to carry a malt mill in my carry-on luggage? Will there be a difference on national and international flights?

I'm not that familiar with US flight regulations and the internet doesn't give me clear results.

Thanks in advance!

Jan

Only two questions that could come up from TSA and or Customs (actually Food and Drug and/or USDA) are:

The equivalent of "What is that used for" and if they are not 100% no part can be used as a weapon someone "qualified" will make the determination.

Is there and residual (enter currently banned plants or animals) product on the apparatus.

Now I am overly cautious because, due so interesting stamps in my passport, I get "randomed" about 75% of the time any time I pass through security. You get used to it.

Why not check it...lots easier?

checking it will be lots easier. but i will say, when my wife and i moved here (norway) we took with us a kitchenaid machine and a mini power transformer (both of those combined were still half the price of a kitchenaid in norway) and both were in our carry on luggage.

I learned with a lot of international traveling that the rules/laws/regulations mean a grand total of NOTHING when you're going through security. If the guy at the X-ray doesn't like what you've got, its not getting through. I'd check it to be safe.

Back