Making the best beers of my life!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zebulon

Reaction score
I've made three brews recently, after a long hiatus. The first batch was brewed using the old ways. The second used some new tech, and the third was an all-out attempt at modernization.

I now make temperature controlled starters on a spin-bar, do full boils, do late malt additions, use a wort chiller with a pre-chiller, tightly control the sanitation, use pure O2 saturation, temperature control the fermentation, and corny keg the result replete with keezer.

It's because of you, homebrewtalk.com, that I can do these things. Thanks for making my beer better. My last IPA was indistinguishable from a top shelf micro brew or imported ale by a panel of snob friends. I'm beside myself and feel the credit should go where it is rightfully deserved. To those who champion these techniques: thank you so much!! I feel like an artist now. With the right tools you can give yourself the power to create real art in the glass. Only thing left now is AG?!

AG is cake. If you've got the other steps down, it's an easy transition and you'll be amazed at the control it gives you in fine tuning your beers. All of the other things you mention add up to great beer - Regardless of whether it's AG, PM, or extract. Prost!

Back