Make IPA Clear Again

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So more of a "Session IPA" huh?
Not at all. My ABV on this beer is 6%. BJCP for American IPA is 5.5%-7.5%. My efficiency is high. Also, it has only been in the last 20 years that commercial brewers have pushed ABV on IPAs above 7%. I consider a session ipa to be 5%. More importantly, I like 6% beers. I want my friends driving home safe.

Not at all. My ABV on this beer is 6%. BJCP for American IPA is 5.5%-7.5%. My efficiency is high. Also, it has only been in the last 20 years that commercial brewers have pushed ABV on IPAs above 7%. I consider a session ipa to be 5%. More importantly, I like 6% beers. I want my friends driving home safe.

Fair enough, but definitely on the lower end. OG:1.054 and FG:1.009 lands you just shy of 6%. Don't get me wrong, its nice to be able to enjoy 3 beers and not be trashed. That's what I mean by "more of" a session IPA. Translated; more sessionable!

Fair enough, but definitely on the lower end. OG:1.054 and FG:1.009 lands you just shy of 6%. Don't get me wrong, its nice to be able to enjoy 3 beers and not be trashed. That's what I mean by "more of" a session IPA. Translated; more sessionable!
Again, by today’s standards, it’s sessionable. But you can label it whatever you want. Mox nix to me.

Latest posts

Back