lupulin pellets YCHHops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bart

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used lupulin pellets? How can I substitute them in my recepie? Can I assume 1oz of hop pellets is equivalent to .5oz of lupulin pellets?

Why can’t i use them for my boil? If i use the equivalent ratio (aa/grams) of lupelin pellets as to normal hop pellets shouldn’t it be the same?

When you dry hop with high amounts of hop pellets, you will lose beer as these pellets absorb liquid, hence less beer to drink. Using lupulin pellets reduces the amount of hops used in half, meaning you will have more beer to drink by comparison. The same thing applies to whirlpool. More wort will be transferred to the fermenter.

And there is also the aroma / flavour part of it and the lower amount of vegetal matter your wort and beer comes in contact with, which is safe to say will reduce the risk of getting vegetal flavours in the beer, etc.

How is it better for dry hopping but not good enough for the boil which is just used for bittering?
No, that's not it, they're too good to be used for bittering!
Use a cheaper, high AA%, dedicated bittering hop, like Warrior, Magnum, Nugget, Apollo, Columbus/CZT, etc. Or use a few ml of hop oil.

Back