Illinois Looking to take a job around Joliet

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

sleepspeaking

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What is the homebrew scene like up there in Illinois?

And what neighborhoods should I be house shopping in, or at least which should I avoid?

Pappers_

Staff member
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Fantastic homebrewing in the south and southwest suburbs. Check out Brewers of South Suburbia homebrew club www.bossbeer.org I have a couple of friends who live around Joliet - one of them won the Midwest Brewer of the Year award a couple of years ago, the other is president of his homebrew club, they could give you the lay of the land around that area. Shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll connect the three of you.

burnsie8791

Reaction score
Fantastic homebrewing in the south and southwest suburbs. Check out Brewers of South Suburbia homebrew club www.bossbeer.org I have a couple of friends who live around Joliet - one of them won the Midwest Brewer of the Year award a couple of years ago, the other is president of his homebrew club, they could give you the lay of the land around that area. Shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll connect the three of you.
I run a brew club in the northern burbs and BOSS is a great club. They always do well in our annual comp

mikescooling

Reaction score
Joilet aka prison town, parts are really nice. we have a big craft beer scene here, same with HB. we do great group buys at CHBG. Check the crime rate where ever you move.