O-Ring for Braumeister Pump?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint Yeastwood

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My wife straightened up a couple of rooms where I brewed and kept brewing stuff, and well...does anyone have any idea what size O-ring a Braumeister 20L pump takes? Looks to be around 75mm.

This machine is great, but no American should buy one. The parts situation is bad.

More like 60mm OD x 54mm ID. Hardness is quite reasonable. Reminds me of my old BetterBottle o-rings, which I think were Viton.

IMG_0045.jpeg
IMG_0046.jpeg

In case anyone else has this problem and wants to find out which material to use, the web says buna and nitrile are the same thing, and they work up to 250. Buna is food safe. Viton takes much higher temperatures and is food safe, but for some reason, web sources say it's not preferred for contact with water and steam. Works fine in swimming pools, though.

Buna rings pop right up on Ebay.

The local fleet/farm has many boxes of standard and metric Buna o-ring assortments.

I bring stuff right back to that section of the store and match up a fit on the spot.

Viton takes much higher temperatures and is food safe, but for some reason, web sources say it's not preferred for contact with water and steam.
My pressure cooker reckons the web is full of magic rainbow-coloured pixie dust.

Get something with a reasonably high hardness. It doesn’t appear to be standard buna to me. You don’t want a softer o-ring getting distorted by compression then leaking.

I will run the machine with it to see if it seals. That should tell me if the size is okay. Then I can deal with the material.

Latest posts

Back