Looking for your old issues of Brew Your Own and Zymergy.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lunchbox

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking to catch up on my brewing knowledge, and I was wondering if anyone had any old magazines that I could buy off of you? I have quite a few books, but I really like to format of these two magazines. Thanks.

My suggestion is to hit the forums. You'll find the most up-to-date information there.

Also, listen to the brewing podcasts from basicbrewing.com and thebrewingnetwork.com.

And start subscriptions for Zymurgy and BYO.

Frankly, things have changed over the years, and our understanding of cause and effect has evolved. If you simply want to update your information, that is the better way IMO. If you just enjoy browsing the mags, then hopefully someone out there would be willing to part with their past issues. . .

My suggestion is to hit the forums. You'll find the most up-to-date information there.

Also, listen to the brewing podcasts from basicbrewing.com and thebrewingnetwork.com.

And start subscriptions for Zymurgy and BYO.

Frankly, things have changed over the years, and our understanding of cause and effect has evolved. If you simply want to update your information, that is the better way IMO. If you just enjoy browsing the mags, then hopefully someone out there would be willing to part with their past issues. . .

+1

I've been terribly disappointed with BYO. When I open a new issue, I find myself browsing the articles as I'm saying to myself,"Ha, just read up on that two weeks ago on HBT or BrewStrong". Can't speak for Zymurgy, but I've heard it's a much better periodical than BYO. Info on the internet and forums should be much fresher than content you'll find in the magazines.

I like the magazines for the ability to re-read them easily as they are portable, and they have articles which are a bit more scientific and interviews with people that you rarely find online. I have had both Zymurgy and BYO and find them to be similar in quality nowadays, but sometimes the same basic article comes up, as is expected (unlike my mustang mags where two of the them will have the same basic 3 articles and interviews in the same month..)

But many of the writers for those magazines are members of this and other homebrewing websites, and so the state-of-the-art rarely lags between the mags and the website for very long.

I would appreciate more beer models in the mags though. That is something that has been severely lacking IMO. Come on, guys, we need more ladies in the advertisements!

I would appreciate more beer models in the mags though. That is something that has been severely lacking IMO. Come on, guys, we need more ladies in the advertisements!

You can't find a magazine with models in it? Why do they need to be in BYO and Zymurgy? It's about beers not rears. ;)

Back