Eat Your Books

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DromJohn

5 Gallon Partial-Something Brewer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to shill a cookbook indexing site called Eat Your Books. This site leans heavily toward the home cook, basically allowing searches for recipes using the ingredients that the user is interested; only the ingredients, but not the recipe amounts. Many homebrew books are on the site, almost all are not indexed. I only noticed one homebrew book that was indexed: True Brews: How to Craft Fermented Cider, Beer, Wine, Sake, Soda, Kefir, and Kombucha at Home by Emma Christensen. The are some homebrew recipes that are indexed because they were in a non-homebrew cookbook, magazine and blogs, like Evil Twin Bushido in The Aviary Cocktail Book; Bière de Sapin in The Picayune's Creole Cook Book, and many from the Serious Eats blog. Then there's Omelette aux jets de houblons in The Escoffier Cookbook: A Guide to the Fine Art of French Cuisine.

While Eat Your Books may be of interest to many of y'all as cooks, I think it could be quite useful for homebrewers if some more homebrew books and magazines were indexed. Most of Eat Your Books is professionally indexed, but they do allow members to index. Unfortunately, SWMBO has put my homebrew books deep in my member indexing queue.

Last edited:
Back