Quantcast

Looking for orange citrus recipe

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

michaelob

Reaction score
Im still a newbe ive done about 7 brews all extract. Im looking for something like a shocktop or bue moon or something like that. I want to try to clone something I like because I dont like all weat beers. So if you dont have a recipe than maybe recomend one to try thats similar.

RugenBrau

Reaction score
I am currently trying to make my way through Biermunchers recipe list. I'm not so sure my liver is capable of the task. He has a Orange/Kolsch recipe that looks fantastic. I have not tried it but, judging by his other recipes, I would think this would be excellent. Let me know if you try it. It is about 4 brew days away for me.

butler1244

Reaction score
I'm very new but am looking for the same thing. I plan on adding some dried orange peel that I'm making in my food dehydrator, then adding orange blossom honey. I bought a honey hefeweizen kit that comes with 1lb honey so I'm substituting that out with the orange honey then adding the peel just to make sure the flavor comes through.

ritchie

Reaction score
I used a me beer wheat beer and added some orange blossom honey and orange zest to the recipe and came out great.