Looking for a summer lager to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shemp

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This will be my first lager. I'm mostly a hop head but feel the need to diversify, especially in the summer. I'll brew a wheat for sure but want a pale lager as well.

I like Stella ok. Any suggestions?

I have a yummy honey lager on tap that would be good as a summer brew. Has no honey, used honey malt that gives it a bit of the honey taste, Willamette and crystal hops but I think something with some lemon would work as well.

If you like hops try a Czech(or bohemian) Pils. It's s nice crisp lager hopped to about 45 ibu's with all saaz hops. I made one last summer and it was perfect!

How about a nice Helles lager..I always try to have one on tap..Especially during the warmer months.

That's what I was going to say! They are awesome- crisp, quaffable, and light but with delicious flavor. It's probably the most drinkable beer around, for everybody. It's a lawnmower beer but better!

Whats a good commercial version of the czech pils?

Thanks

The commercial version of Czech pilsner (called Bohemian pilsner or BoPils) easiest to get in the US is Pilsner Urquell.

Here's a good write up of BoPils: https://www.wyeastlab.com/hb_styledetails.cfm?ID=127

That's what I was going to say! They are awesome- crisp, quaffable, and light but with delicious flavor. It's probably the most drinkable beer around, for everybody. It's a lawnmower beer but better!

Ugh, so now you're adding one more beer to the list that have to brew this year?! FIIIIINE. And now I'm thirsty. THANKS.

Back