Liquid in the wrong line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vNmd

Reaction score
I must be overfilling my kegs because every now and then I see beer in the co2 lines. I have a 4 way manifold and I am assuming beer gets in that thing too. I have already had to take everything apart a couple times. Looking at my setup last night it looks like I am going to have to clean everything again. Is there any thing / way to keep beer out of the co2 line (besides not overfilling). I could swear I don't get close to the gas dip tube but beer gets in the wrong line somehow.

Is your regular working correctly? If there is enough positive pressure, the beer Should not go up the gas line. What pressure is your gauge at and does your regular sit in the fridge?

Check valves are always a good idea, though mine are at the level of the manifold so it still pays be careful when attaching/adjusting pressures on full kegs. As mentioned above you want to avoid the pressure in the keg exceeding the pressure in the line. So when attaching already carbed kegs turn the gas on to the line first. If burst carbing make sure to vent the keg before reattaching at serving pressure. When naturally carbing a keg I chill it a few days first before hooking it up to the gas, and vent it right before just in case.

Thanks. New to kegging.Will look into check valves.

Back