Lets play "RISK."

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Three cheers for Andre and Ian. They bailed my dead ass out and beat the brewboard boys in our team game!

:mug: :mug: :mug:

Chairman Cheyco said:
Whatever... Who else in that game is from this board, anyone?

I don't know if your partner is from the board or not, but I'm sure those other two are not, and they're pretty experienced!

There is now!

Game # 88646

British Isles, Terminator, Sequential, Flat Rate Cards, Unlimited fortifications- I've never played this map before, it should be entertaining.

Password is : "Doubloon"

P funky said:
There is now!

Game # 88646

British Isles, Terminator, Sequential, Flat Rate Cards, Unlimited fortifications- I've never played this map before, it should be entertaining.

Alright, I'm in Cap'n! First time on this map also.

P funky said:
There is now!

Game # 88646

If there is a spot still open when I get home from work, I'll jump in. I've never played a terminator game or that map, but I'll give it a shot.

FYI, I'm cutting back on the number of games I play for the next couple weeks because I'll be travelling a lot, and I don't want to miss turns and deadbeat anyone.

I'm still waiting for a CC response on the clan thing. I think it would be fun to set up some tourneys and battle it out with some other clans, steal their points, trade strategies, etc.

About 88447, Chevy was in a doubles game and was teamed with tcichon from greenboard. Chevy was eliminated leaving tcichon to fend for himself. Lucky for him, all three teams have lost one member. Now its a slugging match.

Oh, and let me just say this. Ian KICKED ASS in the HBT vs. BB game. He was the strongest player on our team, and in the last round, he wiped out the entire other team single handed. RDWJ was great too. He was cursed by poor placement at the beginning. His forces were spread all over the map and in enemy territory yet he was in it till the end, distracting the other team while we took over more territory.

Good job guys!

I finally found an official CC usergroup (clan) application. I filled it out, PM ed it to the right person, and we should hear back in less than 3 days. Other CC'ers seem generally supportive of the brewing clan. When our usergroup is up and running, I'll start adding everybody to it, although I'm not sure right now what that will entail. Regardless, when the usergroup is up, and everyone is in, I'll post a poll there asking what we want our official name to be. (just in case you guys want to change it.)

Sorry this is taking a while. I didn't know who to contact and what to ask for.

Thanks
Andre

andre the giant said:
Oh, and let me just say this. Ian KICKED ASS in the HBT vs. BB game. He was the strongest player on our team, and in the last round, he wiped out the entire other team single handed. RDWJ was great too. He was cursed by poor placement at the beginning. His forces were spread all over the map and in enemy territory yet he was in it till the end, distracting the other team while we took over more territory.

Good job guys!

Aww I'm blushing now. Thanks Andre, I'm a newbie and wouldn't have done nearly as well without you directing the battles. Can't wait to play them again! I vote for a same team rematch just to make sure it wasn't a fluke! Oh and thanks for the feedback!

I have to say in that last round my heart was pounding. I didn't intend to finish it but when you take one guy out and get his cards you can just roll with it. Got a set with each kill and just kept going. Afterwards I recounted the whole thing to my wife - its just a matter of time before she leaves me for someone less dorky! :eek:

ian said:
HBT 1
Greenboard 0

Y'all played a helluva comeback game there HBT crew. I started our downfall by overextending. I'm looking forward to another meeting. If y'all need extra players, drop us a line at HBA. We play the NB guys too sometimes. Anybody addicted the MoorBeer crew yet?

If anyone has a chance take a look at the chat in game 80723. It's a completed game, it was down to three of us when I was taken out. The two guys who were left introduced themselves as strangers halfway across the world when the game started, then as soon as I was taken out they started chatting away in a language I can't identify. Just take a look at the chat and tell me...am I crazy or was I jobbed by a secret alliance?

nobes341 said:
tebrikler = congrats

Looks like they talked a lot of slang or words that arent in this turkish - english dictionary: http://www.hazar.com/ .

As far as I can tell from looking up a few of the words, they werent allied.

Yeah, I also checked one of their game lists, didn't see any other games they were in together, it just struck me as strange. I do plenty of losing on the up-and-up, I don't need new ways to lose!

Anyone feel like getting in a game?

I just started 89878

Standard, Freestyle, Middle Earth, Flat Rate, Unlimited

The "Warlords of the Wort" Amylase Army is now active. You can access the usergroup on CC by going to club forum, then scroll down to the "Warlord of the Wort" forum. If you don't have access, I may still need to add you to the list. Just send me a CC PM and I'll get you added ASAP.

I'm on the road till Thursday, but I'll try to check in tomorrow and add anyone I forgot.

Thanks guys.
Andy

Man it almost feels like watching wrestling when I was a kid.

I'm sitting here, all alone, facing certain doom, when the biggest, baddest tag team partner possible comes to my defense in my moment of need!

Seems to be working... Everyone is so busy watching the Giant, that his partner takes over a third of the board and wipes out another player with little fanfare.

So...

Hey everybody, look at me. I'm the big diversion up north. :)

Latest posts

Back