Lesser of all evils?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jhoussock

Reaction score
Hey guys a brewed a double batch of pumpkin ale and fermented in separate conicals for ten gallons in all. One fermented to a gravity of 1.014 the other was 1.018. I've always hit the 1.014 target with all batches so I'm wondering if I should mix the two in a brew pot TRYING not to aerate before I carb or should I should I just leave it . Will there be a difference in taste? It's kind of a spicy pumpkin ale if that matters.

I'd suggest leaving it for a different reason: if your 1.018 batch is due to a stuck or slow ferment, combining them could lead to bottle bombs for all your beer. If you bottle them separately, you only risk bombs in the high batch. Why not just leave the second half in the fermenter for a while longer, anyway? Not like you're going to run through the first five gallons in the next two weeks... :drunk:

Latest posts

Back