Lengthening beer lines with duotight joiner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmr9

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking of brewing a Belgian blonde or tripel in the near future and I’d like to have it carbonated to at least 3 volumes. I currently have a kegerator with eva barrier and duotight fittings and I’m wondering: can I lengthen the beer line by using an additional piece of beer line with a joiner to the original piece? I’m hoping to not have to undo the whole line and replace it with a single long piece. Is this possible or can anyone foresee any problems?

In theory, the joint would create another place for gunk to accumulate and bugs to grow. I would expect this to be insignificant.

To me it doesn't actually seem easier or cheaper or more flexible than swapping the line out.

I could imagine having a line running up into one of those skinny towers to a buried shank might inspire an alternative to changing it out...

Cheers!

That makes sense about gunk collecting - something I’d have to be mindful of.

Yeah, squeezing my rather non-skinny arm into a skinny tower was my main reason for considering it. I guess I would have to take the tower off to swap the line, which wouldn’t be awful but wouldn’t be fun either.

Latest posts

Back