Lambic Discussion Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a buddy that ordered the 2pk and is a member, we are gonna share a bottle during the tasting. I managed to secure my own bottle yesterday like 1.5hrs after they went on sale. Shocked they lasted that long.

Anyone know if Boon's new VAT bottles are coming to the US? Any idea if/when Tilquin's Reisling is coming?

Thanks everyone who purchased! This is much needed for New Avenues as we have had to cancel in-person Brews this year as well as many other fundraisers.

Also a reminder of our upcoming online auction, which starts today:

And our live online event and auction on August 1st at 13:30 PST/22:30 CET.

Thanks again for the support!
Cheers

IMG-20200807-141835.jpg

IMG-20200807-141728.jpg

3F's Vin Jaune lambic 😍😍😍

Anyone know if Boon's new VAT bottles are coming to the US? Any idea if/when Tilquin's Reisling is coming?

I'm sure others have seen, but Tilquin Reisling has made it to the states. At least one shop in Boston got it.

Still haven't seen the new Boon VAT drop stateside.

Karel told me last week that the importer hasn’t brought in any 108bis, Schaerbeekse, or Black Label #4 and doesn’t seem like they’re planning to unfortunately. I ordered some #4 online.

Karel told me last week that the importer hasn’t brought in any 108bis, Schaerbeekse, or Black Label #4 and doesn’t seem like they’re planning to unfortunately. I ordered some #4 online.

This makes me very sad. Black label has been so solid and an amazing deal. I still kick myself for not clearing all shelves of this beer whenever I happened upon it.

Anybody know anything about 3F Zenne batches 7-9? I saw someone post some up for trade on BA, wasn't aware they were released. I'd love to see Zenne show up for sale on their webshop or through Eventbrite again.

This makes me very sad. Black label has been so solid and an amazing deal. I still kick myself for not clearing all shelves of this beer whenever I happened upon it.
The lambic gods heard my pleas. One of my local stores got Tilquin Reisling, and while I was there I spotted four black label #2 on the shelf. I did not kick myself this time; the shelf is clear.

Anybody know anything about 3F Zenne batches 7-9? I saw someone post some up for trade on BA, wasn't aware they were released. I'd love to see Zenne show up for sale on their webshop or through Eventbrite again.
Batch info is on .info, and some of the new batches seem to be on sale right now during OBD to go.

I fell like a ******* posting my reviews on this page when there is no other traffic here, but I'm not sure this kind of thing is sufficiently casual to go on the other lambic thread. Maybe posting tasting notes is just dead and I'm living in 2018.

(Link to media)

I still very much appreciate a good writeup. And a good Boon bottle. The lambic thread on the other site with people reminding themselves to casually be casual is about the furthest thing from a casual you can get anyhow.

I fell like a ******* posting my reviews on this page when there is no other traffic here, but I'm not sure this kind of thing is sufficiently casual to go on the other lambic thread. Maybe posting tasting notes is just dead and I'm living in 2018.

(Link to media)

If it makes you feel better I come and check out your posts each time. Not sure why this thread is so dead. But I guess I'm part of the problem because I don't contribute. So, with that...

Anybody have thoughts on the latest 3F lambic pack that was sold? I didn't buy it (yet), but I'll be honest, I'm a little hesitant with the pine needles in the Wilder. Anybody here tried it already? Is the pine as overpowering as I imagine it being?

Anyone else receive the 3F pack with Schaarbeekse and new GB and notice the ABV? I was surprised to see the Schaarbeekse around 9% and the GB at 8% Usually these sit around 6-7% Anyone know why these batches are so much stronger?

So will the non-screen printed 3F bottles have a more substantial paper label on the front? Have they said why they are moving away from the screen printed bottles?

So will the non-screen printed 3F bottles have a more substantial paper label on the front? Have they said why they are moving away from the screen printed bottles?

From what I've seen (previewed ), the general design seems like it will be the same (no papyrus coming back 😭), just not screen printed.

Looks like Jean put up, what appears to be, 75cl bottles of Chouke on MBC for 150/each. Not a bad price if you are in the states and can only get ahold of one through secondary.

I love it. The market for "rare" lambic has been and will continue to be completely upended by covid. People who were holding onto the few 375ml bottles of Chouke that made it out of Pistolet and asking the world for them just saw the floor drop out from under them, and there are definitely going to be more things like that coming in the coming weeks.

I didn't go for the winter pack today, but was excited to see in 3F's email that they'll be selling magnums on the webshop. Wonder what they will be! I'd guess golden blend since they had an IG story that showed magnum golden blends getting bottled a while back. 🤔

I didn't go for the winter pack today, but was excited to see in 3F's email that they'll be selling magnums on the webshop. Wonder what they will be! I'd guess golden blend since they had an IG story that showed magnum golden blends getting bottled a while back. 🤔
Looks like Hommage and Kriek

Did you see a particular post for this?
They were added to untappd with magnum in the name. There was a post on fb with the entries, yesterday I believe. I can see them with a google search but the links are down. Maybe since they might have removed the word magnum from the name, someone at 3f has been adding the blends to untappd.

GB and Hommage IIRC

Looks like Hommage and Kriek

Thanks for the intel everyone!

I know this is off topic, but hearing kriek makes me wonder if Cantillon will put kriek in magnums (and put them up for sale, not stash them in a bomb shelter). I love Cantillon kriek, but some of the 3F kriek has been really sharp recently.

Last edited:
Back