Lagunitas Daytime clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grggrrs176

Reaction score
Recently tried this beer and was blown away by how good it was. Probably the best session ale on the market, in my opinion.

My latest brew was an attempt to clone this beer. Lagunitas doesn't list the hops so I guessed (using Citra, Cascade, Centennial, and Mosaic). It's probably wrong but I'm not too concerned. What's more concerning is the SRM of my beer in comparison.

I was really trying to brew a session ale that's crystal clear and yellow hay-colored (similar to Daytime). However, the two-row pale/crystal 10 combo I'm using doesn't seem to be accomplishing that (mine is slightly hazy, light orange).

What's the best way to get that clear, yellow color? Is it grains? Is it different temp during boil? What am I missing?

Reduce crystal and consider messing with adjuncts. I have not had this beer, but their IPAs tend to be malt forward, so I'm guessing this one is too. I heard an interview with one of their brewers and he mentioned that he uses a lot of adjuncts, so in this case it could be corn or oats. You might even try a touch of white wheat.

Latest posts

Back