Lager beer in mini kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbie8800

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I was thinking about brewing my first lager soon but was wondering about lagering in mini kegs. First can you lager in mini kegs? And if you can should you add the priming sugar before you lager because you cannot force carbonate in mini kegs. Thanks!

I beg to differ on not force carbing on mini kegs. I'm not saying it's a good way to do it, but you can rig a keg to carb a beer.

As far as lagering, you can lager in any vessel you want. It has nothing, really, to do with carbing. It's just an extended conditioning stage performed at low tempearture. You can lager in a mini keg and THEN add priming sugar and carb it up.

I beg to differ on not force carbing on mini kegs. I'm not saying it's a good way to do it, but you can rig a keg to carb a beer.

As far as lagering, you can lager in any vessel you want. It has nothing, really, to do with carbing. It's just an extended conditioning stage performed at low tempearture. You can lager in a mini keg and THEN add priming sugar and carb it up.

That makes sense to put the priming sugar in afterwards. As for force carbing as convenient as it would be I don't feel like having bombs sitting in my basement/fridge.

Back