Keggles with poor welds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So looking for an answer to a question and this seemed like the most fitting thread...I also have some sugaring on the interior of my welds (not nearly as bad as some pictured before) but I'm looking to grind them down as well. The question: What is the best tool to grind down the interior welds? It seems like my 4 1/2" grinder wouldn't work to well due to the confined space. Has anyone used a dremel to grind them down? Do they work well? Seems like a good choice for the small space but are they actually powerful enough to grind down the welds?

Did you ever get an answer to this question? I have the exact same issue. I've tried a dremel but it doesn't really work that well (those dremel tools don't last very long).

So looking for an answer to a question and this seemed like the most fitting thread...I also have some sugaring on the interior of my welds (not nearly as bad as some pictured before) but I'm looking to grind them down as well. The question: What is the best tool to grind down the interior welds? It seems like my 4 1/2" grinder wouldn't work to well due to the confined space. Has anyone used a dremel to grind them down? Do they work well? Seems like a good choice for the small space but are they actually powerful enough to grind down the welds?

If you're careful, you can get some of it with a 4-1/2 grinder with flap discs. I then use abrasive flap wheels on an electric die grinder or a right-angle pneumatic die grinder. There are some finish discs that mount on a rubber backing pad with a quarter turn but I forget what they're called - they may be made by 3-M. I use those for the finish work and abrasive hand pads for the final-final.

Latest posts

Back