Kegging Kombucha

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UTBrew14

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience kegging their own kombucha? Would you just follow the same basic guidelines for beer or would it be different?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Does anyone have experience kegging their own kombucha? Would you just follow the same basic guidelines for beer or would it be different?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Same procedure. I've kegged mine before. Draught KT is pretty awesome.

I just bought my first 5 gal. ball lock Cornelius keg and am looking forward to dispensing it!

kyt - Do you force carb your buch?

I just bought my first 5 Gal. ball lock Cornelius keg and am looking forward to dispensing it!

kyt - Do you force carb your buch?

I did once, when I first got my setup. I didn't have any beer ready, and I was dying to carb something. But I don't drink much KT at home, I usually just bottle so I can take it with me. You can flavor KT in the keg, just put it in a hops bag or muslin sock so it can't get sucked up the liquid dip tube, or you may have a problem if the poppet gets clogged up. The yeast ooglies get all gummed up in the spring, that's a pain.

Necro this thread. I have a 5 tap kegerator so I thought I may get a smaller keg than my normal 5G ball locks to run a small keg of KT. Unless there is some reason I can't figure, I may do the primary fermentation right in keg, the lift out the scoby once done, then add gas for set and forget. I could flavor in keg of course, or leave plain and add some flavoring with each pint.

My normal settings are 12 psi off my CO2 regulator, so is this ok for the KT too?

If anyone sees bullet holes in my plan to keg KT...please holler!!! Thanks.

Back