Kegerator DIY Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billf2112

Reaction score
I am about to make the journey into a mini fridge kegerator, just a couple quick start up questions.

I will be removing the inside skin/shelves from the door. I have noticed most peopke simple cut the outside of this and remount it. Has anyone use a full piece a flat plastic and just replaced it? I was looking at some plastic sheets at home depot that appear to be of the same thinkness.

If I am able to use the full piece of plastic, since I am putting taps through the doors, would I still need a wood piece to back the taps up?

Pretty excited about this project, this will not be a "normal" mini fridge kegerator. I will document and post the project.

Thanks

I removed the entire door panel and replaced it with lightweight fiberboard paneling, and replaced the original seal.

With the paneling, I am able to get a fairly solid connection between the taps.

Regardless of which route you take, you'll have fun being able to serve your own beer on tap. Amazing.

billf2112 said:
I am about to make the journey into a mini fridge kegerator, just a couple quick start up questions.

I will be removing the inside skin/shelves from the door. I have noticed most peopke simple cut the outside of this and remount it. Has anyone use a full piece a flat plastic and just replaced it? I was looking at some plastic sheets at home depot that appear to be of the same thinkness.

If I am able to use the full piece of plastic, since I am putting taps through the doors, would I still need a wood piece to back the taps up?

Pretty excited about this project, this will not be a "normal" mini fridge kegerator. I will document and post the project.

Thanks

Back