Keg Factory-Buyer Beware!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Normally, I'm a little leery of a review posted by a member with 1 post and who just joined today.

That said, you seem to be on to something re Keg Factory. With the BBB complaints, and the fact that every review on Keg Factory's site is a 5-star rating, I would be very hesitant to buy from them.

Welcome to HBT, BTW.

Normally, I'm a little leery of a review posted by a member with 1 post and who just joined today.

That said, you seem to be on to something re Keg Factory. With the BBB complaints, and the fact that every review on Keg Factory's site is a 5-star rating, I would be very hesitant to buy from them.

Welcome to HBT, BTW.
Thanks for your input.

Would you help us by providing some information about your personal experience in dealing with Keg Factory? Some more details would fill in the blanks and help our members make a more informed decision.

I live right down the street from them and bought my first kegerator conversation kit from them many years ago...
While I'm aware of much higher quality products now...nothing they sold me was defective, and there was nothing they did that was shady (like taking my money and not giving me anything in return). I'm not so sure I agree that they deserve a ding on their reputation as a business...
Some businesses make their business model selling mid-grade or low end stuff...you get what you pay for...
I still have most of the stuff they sold me and it still works...I just don't use it anymore since I upgraded to nicer stuff.

I had ordered from them a few time and both times were great experience. First time was black Friday for a deal on IceMaster 2 which shipped from morebeer and was defective.. Keg Factory got it replaced for me and had good communication throughout.

Nothing but good experience both times I ordered from them.

Interesting. I just ordered from them on April 9th (first order with them). I got a fermzilla all-rounder and accessories. I got shipment notification the same day though tracking showed it didn't actually get to the shipper until a few days later. It arrived last week with no issues.

Would you help us by providing some information about your personal experience in dealing with Keg Factory? Some more details would fill in the blanks and help our members make a more informed decision.
I won't use this forum for sharing the details of my experience with Keg Factory, however, I will direct to the BBB website where you can read their rating as well as the complaints and reviews filed with BBB.

I won't use this forum for sharing the details of my experience with Keg Factory, however, I will direct to the BBB website where you can read their rating as well as the complaints and reviews filed with BBB.

Then why post at all? I call shenanigans!

1619127583266.gif

I won't use this forum for sharing the details of my experience with Keg Factory,

If you don't want to say what the issue is with Keg Factory, that's fine, and thanks for the warning, but it would be more helpful if you included some details.
Ok, I'm getting back to my beer.........
:cask:

While we’re at it, I want to let folks know to not shop at one retailer that I once went to and didn’t like. I don’t want to air the specifics here, not the time or place; after all, I’m a rational, calm, easy-to-work with customer. I won’t name the retailer, THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHO THEY ARE.

You all have been warned; you’re welcome.

@Cajun , In my line of work (Law Enforcement) I deal with complaints everyday, and the worse ones are where the Complainant has minor problem with someone else, in most cases it's with a neighbor. When I ask them if they tried talking to them about the issue I'm usually told "NO, not my job, that's yours" Well, OK that's my job I know, but I explain to them this probably wouldn't be an issue if you all would talk and work something out. What you have stated above tells me that you had a problem (Which happens with every business) and rather than calling them to discuss it, YOU went directly to the BBB route. So, all your claims and statements here on HBT have no merit!!!! Ever hear of the phrase....... 1st impression, is a lasting impression????

Last edited:
Back