Keg Factory-Buyer Beware!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God I love this place. Just the right amount of insanity...

Cheers! :D
This Guy Gets It.gif

I wonder if I can rig something like that to escape this infernal island....might be a little scetch over open water though.

A quick search of YouTube--here's a guy who made one from water bottles and pallet wrap. Don't know how reliable it would be over open water. But if it works, you'd be like the guy in Papillon.

In reality, I'm afraid they'd tip over & be blown across the waves like the foam,, lots o windage, no centerboard or keel, but is a cool idea.

I'm sure there are enough plastic bottles on most deserted islands at this point where one could build one to escape, (not that I'm sure I would want to leave, if there was source of potable water... and it was not too cold...)

i'm not sure if this off-topic, lol....but i was thinking, "sure take it easy buy some malt" then got this on more beer, and breathed a breath of air thanking myself for learning how to malt my own, and planing on at least staying sober long enough tomorrow to make it to the feed store, and get some barley sprouts going!
offtopiclol.jpg

i'm not sure if this off-topic, lol....but i was thinking, "sure take it easy buy some malt" then got this on more beer, and breathed a breath of air thanking myself for learning how to malt my own, and planing on at least staying sober long enough tomorrow to make it to the feed store, and get some barley sprouts going!
View attachment 730767

Nothing's OT on this thread. 😀
That was a hack I used with Morebeer. Order 5 or 6 10lb bags, get free shipping.
But cool that you're growing/malting your own. If I had more garden space I'd give that a try.

Nothing's OT on this thread. 😀
That was a hack I used with Morebeer. Order 5 or 6 10lb bags, get free shipping.
But cool that you're growing/malting your own. If I had more garden space I'd give that a try.

not growing, lol...and if the feed store down the road is out of whole barley....i guess i'll have to resort to a 25lb bag of sugar and alco-pop....I'll keep fighting the "good fight" till i die! :mug: (or maybe whole oats would work, done it before...but they get kinda grassy in the glass, but damn they smell good in the boil!)

Back