Just....Damn

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
popscube said:
I give homework in first grade, but only one sheet that should take no more than 10 to 15 minutes and only twice a week. The other nights I'd like to see kids reading (or being read to). It gives the parents a chance to see what their kid is doing and teaches them a little bit of responsibility.

Sorry to jump in, just seemed to need a teachers perspective. Teachers are busy but that is no excuse to not responding to parents.

My daughter brought home big packets of homework in Kindergarten, it was really a bit excessive. Every day of the week, she did more homework last year than my older children. Maybe it paid off though, she is a decent reader and does well.

deathweed said:
jeez, who made you the bleach nazi:fro:

I am self appointed bleach Nazi ever since I destroyed a double batch of Munich Lager by not rinsing a sanke keg out well enough after cleaning/sanitising with bleach.:mad:

VatorMan said:
Sorry-this moron was 100% American product. Our school system is going to hell.:(

Ey!!! Ima praduct of dis ****ries fiin skool sistem!!! hahahahahahah

I can't belive how this country has gone down the craper in the last few years. I'm only 22, and I can remember the Freshmen coming when I was a senior. The level of disrespect and the sheer lack of any motovation was jaw-dropping.... The end IS near... :mad::mad:

[rant]

I blame it on the warm fuzzy, lovey dovey, treat everyone with a satin glove so they feel good about themselves tactic that everyone seems to adopt nowadays. This PC crap has got to stop. If a kid acts up, you can't just beat them with a 2x4 until they bow to your every whim, because if you did you would have "child services" so far up your ass....... Instead, lets just medicate them, and when they do the same things as adults, lets medicate them again! Then when they are depressed because no one likes the loser they have become, hell, more drugs!!!!

You can't call a kid an idiot if their stupid, you just pat them on the back and say, "Wow you did great! Next time you will do even better!" Hell you can't even do it to adults! I am in a professional program with people that are going to be responsible for LIVES and will have DEA license to distribute controlled substances that get pissed off if you so much as look at them like they are an idiot. Coincidentally these are the same idgits i wouldn't trust with a wooden spoon to stir a bowl of pudding!

Additionally, if I don't want to use bleach and want to piss in my carboys instead, even the bleach nazi cant stop me! I will do what i damn well want, and use my urine doused water bottles to ferment my hooch so I can sell it to minors in Gatorade bottles! So all you EAC mouth breathers can just shove it!

Oh, and to stay on topic, XM radio is the shiznit, their policies rock, and if you don't like it, you can just go back to listening to "broadcast" radio like all the other poor people out there.....

[/rant]

:D

OK, I'll be the jerk.

Surely I'm not the only one who notices the horrible spelling and grammar in the posts of the people who are bemoaning the state of education in this country.

SwAMi75 said:
OK, I'll be the jerk.

Surely I'm not the only one who notices the horrible spelling and grammar in the posts of the people who are bemoaning the state of education in this country.

Dude... you should SO not go there......

Crikes, there are a few pi33ed off people on this forum today!

For forks sake just relax, steady the boats, chill out and have a beer.

anybody ever read heinlin's "starship troopers"? and no not the stupid foocking movie version . the author had it right if you want a well behaved and adjusted adult you can't treat em with satin gloves all through childhood and then change the rules when they hit 18. ie if a child disobeys he ngets punished equal to the crime or behavior not a slap on the wrist for everything while a juvenile and then prison when he turns into an adult

deathweed said:
Don't diss the cartoons!!! I learned my geography from the animaniacs:D

Me too, they also taught me about the solar system (and who Mickey Rooney is).

Anyone else watch that and notice they recognized Israel and Palestine??? Perhaps an animaniacle political message?

LOL! Sorry for jackin' the thread. "Our school system is going to hell." kind of set me off.

MikeFlynn74 said:
MULE

My son was asked if he gets abused at home because he had a scratch from the cat on his arm.
:off: Can you imagine what would have happened if said yes?

deathweed said:
[rant]

I blame it on the warm fuzzy, lovey dovey, treat everyone with a satin glove so they feel good about themselves tactic that everyone seems to adopt nowadays. This PC crap has got to stop. If a kid acts up, you can't just beat them with a 2x4 until they bow to your every whim, because if you did you would have "child services" so far up your ass....... Instead, lets just medicate them, and when they do the same things as adults, lets medicate them again! Then when they are depressed because no one likes the loser they have become, hell, more drugs!!!!

You can't call a kid an idiot if their stupid, you just pat them on the back and say, "Wow you did great! Next time you will do even better!" Hell you can't even do it to adults! I am in a professional program with people that are going to be responsible for LIVES and will have DEA license to distribute controlled substances that get pissed off if you so much as look at them like they are an idiot. Coincidentally these are the same idgits i wouldn't trust with a wooden spoon to stir a bowl of pudding!

Additionally, if I don't want to use bleach and want to piss in my carboys instead, even the bleach nazi cant stop me! I will do what i damn well want, and use my urine doused water bottles to ferment my hooch so I can sell it to minors in Gatorade bottles! So all you EAC mouth breathers can just shove it!

Oh, and to stay on topic, XM radio is the shiznit, their policies rock, and if you don't like it, you can just go back to listening to "broadcast" radio like all the other poor people out there.....

[/rant]

:D
Spot on

1. Ever play on a baseball team that didn't keep score? ... and got trophy for it?
Let's all celebrate mediocrity! Good job! :D

2. Words like stupid and idiot are a bit harsh. Words like dumb a$$ and little **** are more effective. :)

3. ?

4. I am poor :D

MULE said:
Spot on

1. Ever play on a baseball team that didn't keep score? ... and got trophy for it?
Let's all celebrate mediocrity! Good job! :D

2. Words like stupid and idiot are a bit harsh. Words like dumb a$$ and little **** are more effective. :)

3. ?

4. I am poor :D

haha, I wrote that as mostly a joke, but with that just hint of truth. #3 on the list? That was was all joke from the previous off-topic joshing. I got called a mouth breather yesterday and thought it was hilarious so I wanted to use it again.:D

man.. they adopted that stupid "leave no kids behind" plan to our schools here in Canada too. Even worst.. They're not allowed to fail kid's assignments. Even if they don't hand anything in!!

The Western society is DOOMED!!

Ever watch the movie idiocracy?? if not RENT IT!

man.. they adopted that stupid "leave no kids behind" plan to our schools here in Canada too. Even worst.. They're not allowed to fail kid's assignments. Even if they don't hand anything in!!

The Western society is DOOMED!!

Ever watch the movie idiocracy?? if not RENT IT!

Ya, Harrison Bergeron is where we're headed... "All men are not created equal, it is the government's resposibility to render them so." If you haven't read it/seen it (it's a book and a movie), check it/them out. Regards, GF.

60 posts versus 80,814? I think there's still a lot of work to be done (time to be wasted) before reaching TapRoom Status :D

yeah, but I can actually read this thread from the beginning within the span of one lifetime.

and am I the only one who wonders if the OP was ever able to add his car acct. to his family acct.? Enquiring minds want to know!

Back on topic....

I got a phone call from XM looking for my son. He moved out of the house last year and for some reason had given them my address and phone number when he registered his account. No biggie. I gave them his phone number.

I find out my wife got a call from them after that, and then I got another one. Just happens that my boy was over visiting so he was able to take the call. I told him to straighten out his phone number while he was talking to them. It turns out that they had the number I'd given them, but they added it as a note to his account rather than changing his number. Of course nobody read the note and just continued to call me. Wouldn't a rational person change the number and then add MINE as the note, especially after being told twice that he doesn't live here? This wasn't bill collection or anything like that, they were soliciting for signing up for a longer term.

Wouldn't a rational person change the number and then add MINE as the note, especially after being told twice that he doesn't live here?

yeah. but your solution makes sense. this means that if they actually followed it they'd solve the problem and they'd have to move on to the next one.

Back