Jerks on Classifieds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're not the only one. Craigslist users are notorious for being flaky. I've had people when I'm selling or even giving stuff away free text me to say "I'm on my way" and yet never show up. I always try to be very good about communication, and if I'm selling something and someone shows interest, but someone else snags the item, I'll always send a "thanks for your interest but the item just sold" update.

I had a broken 46" DLP HDTV that I wanted to get rid of. I was relatively sure it just needed a color wheel replaced, but didn't want to mess with it. I actually sold the broken TV on craigslist for $25 just as a filter to dissuade the "free craigslist stuff" vultures from annoying me.

I'm actually talking about HBT classifieds... guys list stuff... get multiple posts from other users expressing interest... PMs sent... emails sent... NO responses to anyone. Why list your crap if you don't really want to sell it...

I'm actually talking about HBT classifieds... guys list stuff... get multiple posts from other users expressing interest... PMs sent... emails sent... NO responses to anyone. Why list your crap if you don't really want to sell it...

What you said.

On another forum I am on if you post in the classified, when your item sells you close/lock your thread. This way people can still see/search what you had for sale, but know that the item is no longer for sale. I never understood why that is not done here. This prevents posts/PM/emails from continuing on after the item sells everyone knows that the item is no longer for sale.

Wow, what a time suck.

It is annoying when I can't buy something I want.

acb.jpg

I've also changed from listing things for free on Craigslist to quoting a small price - seems to filter at least some of the flakiest folks.

My last listing was for a pair of motorbikes that I needed to get out of the garage. One was good for riding and the other was only good for spares, but they both had to go, so they were listed as $100 for one or $50 for both.

I hear ya. I'm giving **** away and people say they're on their way but never show up.

Anyone need a couch?

http://sanmarcos.craigslist.org/zip/4857331288.html

I'm just saying... If you list an item, or group of items, for sale... you should at least reply to the respondents. A couple weeks ago, a guy listed an entire brewery setup... got over 20 responses, by PM as well as email... NOT A SINGLE RESPONSE to anyone...

If my offer is too low, or in some way unacceptable, at least tell me to piss off...

How about a simple reply to your own thread... "SOLD"

Back