iSpindle - DIY Electronic Hydrometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And people respond way quicker than me!

Well that’s just poor/lazy coding in my opinion. I mean really .... the code should at least loop enough to tell you it’s found no sensors.

Replying to my own post - rather then deleting so everyone can see a) I'm an idiot, and b) this is the exception you get trying to flash the firmware on an unbuilt device for v6+. Flashed v5.x and I can connect OK to the web interface.
Now to get my soldering iron out!
ad a. Yep
ad b. Yep
c. Lol

I also see exception 28 which means there's a wild pointer which is not checked, i.e. bad coding. The same condition could result in the code "seeming" to run, and giving unexpected results.

Woohoo! Soldering done, and everything seems to be working.
Couple of questions....
I've read warnings about plugging in the USB intervace of the controller to the laptop whilst the battery is connected. Is that something to avoid?
Also, the board rattles a bit in the tube. What is recommended for fixing it in place? A little epoxy in the bottom, or will that be too heavy and drag the bottom down too much against the buoyancy that is needed for it to work? Assume if I do that, I then can't disconnect the battery or get to the USB interface - but I shouldn't need to, right?

Woohoo! Soldering done, and everything seems to be working.
Couple of questions....
I've read warnings about plugging in the USB intervace of the controller to the laptop whilst the battery is connected. Is that something to avoid?
Also, the board rattles a bit in the tube. What is recommended for fixing it in place? A little epoxy in the bottom, or will that be too heavy and drag the bottom down too much against the buoyancy that is needed for it to work? Assume if I do that, I then can't disconnect the battery or get to the USB interface - but I shouldn't need to, right?
If you haven't removed the diode of the Wemos you should not connect it to the usb of the Wemos while the battery is connected because the battery then gets 5V directly. This could cause overheating of the battery/fire etc.
If you have flashed it over usb you can do all updates over wifi so if all stays well you don't need the usb interface of the wemos anymore.
I fixed the sled in the tube with some epoxy but that was after my latest brew and I still have to calibrate it so I don't know yet if it is to havy or not. But if you allready added some weight at the bottom of the tube you can replace some with epoxy, every ml of epoxy is approx. 1gr.
20190721_101143.jpg

I'm using v4 of the PCB as per this video:

I don't have a sled, but the PCB slides fairly neatly into the container. I have picked up some sugru this morning and will see if I can mould some around the base of the PCB, and maybe higher up for balance, to stop any rattle and help maintain calibration.

I am a novice at any sort of programming, and for that matter, assembling electronics. I can, or at least I thought I could, follow instructions as a reasonably practical person.

I have completed the iSpindel build, and flashed the unit with the latest full release (6.0.6), and whilst I get the iSpindel network appearing, I can connect but not connect to the config screen, 192.168.4.1.

I have pulled up the log on Putty terminal screen, and very much somebody would be kind enough to lend me a hand. Much appreciated in advance.
Ian

{ld▒▒<▒d▒|
▒l▒
#|▒▒▒{▒c▒c▒▒ng▒lng▒▒▒cp▒▒${l{lx▒o▒
▒l▒▒
b
n▒<l▒
▒b▒▒gn▒d▒▒l ▒l orǛ▒n
b▒lsۓoc▒l▒▒8▒▒▒`▒o▒
FW 6.0.6
3.0.0-dev(c0f7b44)
Worker run!
mounting FS... ERROR: failed to mount FS!

ERROR config corrupted
scanning for OW device on pin: 5
No devices found!
scanning for OW device on pin: 12
Found device with ROM = 28 17 83 79 A2 16 3 63
Chip = DS18B20
Data = 1 A1 1 55 5 7F A5 A5 66 B CRC=B
Temperature = 26.06 Celsius,
Boot-Mode: External System
power-cycle or reset detected, config mode
ERROR no Wifi credentials

going to Config Mode
reboot RFCAL
{ll▒▒|▒$▒|
▒l▒
c<ǃ▒▒r▒b▒
b▒▒gn▒dgn▒▒▒
#x▒▒lrdrdp▒g▒

$
▒▒
cg▒|d▒
▒c▒▒gn▒d▒▒l ▒$`n;Ǜ▒n
#▒ls▒▒n
b▒l▒l▒x▒▒▒`▒g▒
FW 6.0.6
3.0.0-dev(c0f7b44)
Worker run!
mounting FS... ERROR: failed to mount FS!

ERROR config corrupted
scanning for OW device on pin: 5
No devices found!
scanning for OW device on pin: 12
Found device with ROM = 28 17 83 79 A2 16 3 63
Chip = DS18B20
Data = 1 A1 1 55 5 7F A5 A5 66 B CRC=B
Temperature = 26.06 Celsius,
Boot-Mode: Deep-Sleep Wake

Double Reset detected
ERROR no Wifi credentials

going to Config Mode
*WM: Scan done
*WM: DUP AP: BTHub6-JMX8
*WM: Adding parameter
*WM: name
*WM: sleep
*WM: vfact
*WM:
*WM:
*WM: tempscale
*WM:
*WM:
*WM: selAPI
*WM: token
*WM: server
*WM: port
*WM: url
*WM: db
*WM: username
*WM: password
*WM: job
*WM: instance
*WM:
*WM: POLYN
started Portal
*WM: SET AP
*WM:
*WM: Configuring access point...
*WM: iSpindel
*WM: AP IP address:
*WM: 192.168.4.1
*WM: HTTP server started

Last edited:
Looking at those errors, it seems like a file system mount issue.
How did you flash the firmware, and with what settings? Flash size is 4mb (I got similar errors when trying 1mb). Try a 5.x firmware and see how you go - that should boot even if you hardware build/sensors are connected.

View media item 70387View media item 70386
Good progress on my build today. Everything seems to be working with ubidots, I've got that feeding triggers into IFTTT to turn a warming pad on/off (powered by a smart plug) via webhooks based on high/low temp events. I needed to add a single 5g sugru pack to the base of the cylinder for ballast and to secure the pcb, and then pushed a spare button and screw into that to get 25deg float in water by trial and error (reading 25.2deg in 25C tap water - good enough for me!).
Just need to calibrate in a sugar solution, then try an actual brew!
Most people seem to focus on the gravity readings with ispendel... But I'm most looking forward to being able to monitor and control fermentation temperator through winter in my UK garage!

Most people seem to focus on the gravity readings with ispendel... But I'm most looking forward to being able to monitor and control fermentation temperator through winter in my UK garage!
Just given my experience with actual purpose-built controllers and seeing the output graphs, I don't think you're going to get very good results. Is there any reason you're not using one of the other temp controller projects?

Just given my experience with actual purpose-built controllers and seeing the output graphs, I don't think you're going to get very good results. Is there any reason you're not using one of the other temp controller projects?

My initial interest was with the angle measurement, but getting the temp for 'free' caught my eye. What makes you think the results wont be good ? I will have a very basic setup - a 23L FV, with a cheap heat matt under it turned on and off to try and keep the temp within 2-3C or 'good'. I'm not expecting micro-control.

First, please understand I applaud your ingenuity and encourage you to experiment.

I think some of the limiting factors you will find however is that the temperatures from the iSpindel are not really all that in line with that of the fermenting beverage. I have noticed that it is often 2 to 3° warmer than the liquid while fermenting, and then depending on the ambient temperature, and then off the other way afterwards.

Additionally, in order to get good control, you will have to get frequent temperature readings. That is at odds with longer battery life for the device. So, it will be a constant trade-off there.

It may work out well for you, but if not, you have proven that you are more than capable of tackling one of the other projects as well.

Keep us updated on how it goes!

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. I'll do some testing on a FV of water and see how well it controls. I'm bottling tonight, so will have nothing brewing for the next week or so.
I just assumed that the air inside the ispindel vessel would be fairly close to the temp of the beer - at least as accurate as a probe taped to the side of the FV.
If things are off, as you describe, and assuming they are consistently off, I could hopefully set thresholds to compensate.
The other thing I am keen to look at is the impact of having a heat pad at the base of the FV, but the ispindel floating on the top. I'm not sure how evenly the beer will warm up/cool down -although I am sure I'll be able to google some thermodynamic models... (but that's getting a little beyond my expertise!)

Looking at those errors, it seems like a file system mount issue.
How did you flash the firmware, and with what settings? Flash size is 4mb (I got similar errors when trying 1mb). Try a 5.x firmware and see how you go - that should boot even if you hardware build/sensors are connected.

I have tried two version of the firmware now, 5.5.5 and 5.8.6 and originally 6.0.6, all with varying degrees of success. The furthest I have got so far is to the config screen, but then the page hangs and the ispindel times out, and I am unable to reconnect - very frustrating.

More often than not, when pressing the reset button and getting the flashing intermittent light on the WEMOS, I cant see the iSpindel access point, if I can, it mostly wont connect.

I am flashing using 4mb flash size, baud rate of 115200, 40Mhz and DIO.

Any pointers at all would be useful - it's nearly time to brew some more beer!

I just assumed that the air inside the ispindel vessel would be fairly close to the temp of the beer - at least as accurate as a probe taped to the side of the FV.
Yes, and that's not good. :) What you're talking about is heating a solid (the pad) which radiates to a second solid (the FV) which again radiates to the liquid, which in turn heats the air above it. Then you measure the air and use that to create a known state for the liquid. The loop has a large amount of entropy which will induce pretty good swings depending upon the ambient conditions.

Also, a probe taped to the side is not a good indicator of the liquid temp. @day_trippr did some experimentation and he's got a system that works for him using a foam pad insulating that probe against the vessel.
If things are off, as you describe, and assuming they are consistently off, I could hopefully set thresholds to compensate.
Well, that's not all of it.

Consider the iSpindel waking every 15 minutes to send a packet to the target system. That's 15 minutes of no state changes so if you are heating it will heat for at least 15 minutes and if you only needed three minutes you've introduced more instability than you are eliminating. If you reduce that to every minute, you may be closer to a suitable feedback loop (ignoring the solid to liquid to gas and repeat cycle described above) but now you've got an issue with battery life.

(FWFW, the BrewPi and derivative systems use loops mere microseconds in duration to measure and control the system).

Your experiment is not the first, and maybe you will solve it, but "micro-control" is not the real advantage of a dedicated PID-based solution. It is designed to learn the system and control accordingly. Doing so within a tenth of a degree is a side-benefit.

1. I think some of the limiting factors you will find however is that the temperatures from the iSpindel are not really all that in line with that of the fermenting beverage. I have noticed that it is often 2 to 3° warmer than the liquid while fermenting, and then depending on the ambient temperature, and then off the other way afterwards.

2. Additionally, in order to get good control, you will have to get frequent temperature readings. That is at odds with longer battery life for the device. So, it will be a constant trade-off there.
1. My experience is that the temperature readings are exactly right +/- 0.1°Celsius.
2. Last fermentation started at 4.29V and ended 1 week later at 4.23V with an update frequency of 10 minutes, battery life is really no issue with this device.(and I didn't remove any leds/diodes)

Thanks for the advice. I'll do some testing on a FV of water and see how well it controls. I'm bottling tonight, so will have nothing brewing for the next week or so.
1. I just assumed that the air inside the ispindel vessel would be fairly close to the temp of the beer - at least as accurate as a probe taped to the side of the FV.

The other thing I am keen to look at is the impact of having a heat pad at the base of the FV, but the ispindel floating on the top. I'm not sure how evenly the beer will warm up/cool down -although I am sure I'll be able to google some thermodynamic models... (but that's getting a little beyond my expertise!)
1. Yes it is

Well, you have a system that is much closer than my own. I just finished a beer where the headspace was almost constantly 2 degrees off the liquid temp (calibrated) during fermentation.

I mean free advice is worth what you pay for it, experiment, but my hypothesis is that this is not going to be an optimal use of your time. However, I've wasted more time than that on silly things that have no application so I'm hardly one to comment. :)

To be honest, I'll get 'acceptable' beer by just putting the FV in the garage for 2 weeks and keeping a general eye on the SG. Playing with all this extra stuff just gives me something to play with :) I very much doubt I'd notice the difference in the finished product!
With regards to the 'on time' of the matt - I can set the ubidots event to fire a webhook to shut it off after less than that, to reduce the minimum heating time - but yes, needs experimentation.

Well, you have a system that is much closer than my own. I just finished a beer where the headspace was almost constantly 2 degrees off the liquid temp (calibrated) during fermentation.
In the build of @gingerneil the temp sensor is on the bottom of the tube so it will be fully submerged thus measuring the temp of the liquid.
I agree that in the original build the temp sensor is at the top of the tube and although it is on the side of the tube that is in the liquid the measurement of the temp could be off. It is not in my build, I bended the temp sensor against the inner wall of the tube and that appears to be accurate.
I also have the temp sensor of the inkbird that I am using underneath a spunge taped against the middle of the outside of the bucket.
Temp readings of the inkbird and iSpindel ar similar +/- 0.1 C. (In the picture I was fermenting with Hornindal Kveik yeast hence the high temperature:D)
20190713_153104.jpg

I tested the temperature this morning using a digital probe in water. The ispindel and probe were same sane to 0.1C. That'll do me!
As for ubidots - the educational system is useless for triggering events. Delays are huge (hours!). I've created a STEM account instead, and it's instant.

Glad to hear the new boards have that sensor a bit lower.

I do think you will see some difference when fermenting heavily vs just in water, and I question the ability to actually control the temp via this method, but I'll be watching. :)

Hi, could anyone point me to a very simplified easy to follow soldering guide for soldering everything onto the sheild? The one's on github are confusing me a bit as i'm not sure if some are solder points or not, and whether certain points are indeed connected. Not only that the two pictures they've used (back and front) aren't of the same board so difficult for a novice like me to work it out.
Not only that, i have the shield here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G3227MD/ which i bought after following the parts list from here http://www.echrisdenney.com/2019/03/01/ispindel-project-post-2/ and as it's a bit smaller than a normal board it's got less holes, although that shouldn't matter i can't just copy the soldering over to that board as easy.

I contacted 3D mechatronics to see if i can buy their board on its own but they said no.

Many thanks in advance

Ok, scrap the above, i worked it out (well, i think i did as i'm now facing probs)

The computer detects the D1 when i plug it into the pc with the battery attached and the switch to on, but i can't seem to flash it. I've selected the .bin file (named firmware.bin) but get no progress bar and no mac or address. Any ideas?

Thanks but the board above will fit my current sled and petler without me having to buy more parts, so if i can't figure what i've done wrong on this one i'll just get that as a replacement

Oh and one thing i need to check, is the charging board only supposed to be connected by the out + and the in -? or are the out - and in + also supposed to be hooked up?

Got this error when trying to flash wemos. i flashed another virgin wemos D1 the other day with exactly the same command w/o issue. this one has all the stuff soldered on and the one diode clipped off. the battery is charged and the mac recognizes the device. but it doesn't seem to connect. any ideas?

superputer:esptool mothership$ python ./esptool.py --port=/dev/cu.wchusbserial1d160 write_flash -fm=dio -fs=32m 0x00000 /Users/mothership/Documents/ispindel/iSpindel/firmware.bin

WARNING: Flash size arguments in megabits like '32m' are deprecated.

Please use the equivalent size '4MB'.

Megabit arguments may be removed in a future release.

esptool.py v2.8-dev

Serial port /dev/cu.wchusbserial1d160

Connecting........_____....._____....._____....._____....._____....._____....._____

A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to Espressif device: Timed out waiting for packet header

IMG_0674.JPG

Temp control of my FV, using iSpindel output temp talking to Ubidots and firing off webhooks to control a smart plug/brewing pad. I've got it firing events at 21.75C and 22.25C. A PID would pull this right down to maintain an exact temp, but a 0.5C swing and a little overshoot is fine for me!
The Gravity measure is a little high compared to my readings, but I'm mainly looking at a trend here anyway.

upload_2019-9-9_16-13-43.png

I'm trying to calibrate ispindel but offset calibration is never ending.. I have waited almost hour and so. Any ideas what to try next?
Everything else work but I'm not done calibration yet. Can this work without offset calibration?
Code:
averaging 1000 readings each time
expanding:
        XAccel                  YAccel                          ZAccel
[0,0] --> [-1433,-1429] [0,0] --> [-458,-464]   [0,0] --> [16614,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1423,-1429] [0,0] --> [-456,-464]   [-1000,0] --> [16608,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1435,-1429] [0,0] --> [-461,-464]   [-2000,0] --> [16614,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1426,-1429] [0,0] --> [-459,-464]   [-3000,0] --> [16608,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1429,-1429] [0,0] --> [-463,-464]   [-4000,0] --> [16614,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1437,-1429] [0,0] --> [-456,-464]   [-5000,0] --> [16612,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1432,-1429] [0,0] --> [-460,-464]   [-6000,0] --> [16617,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1439,-1429] [0,0] --> [-460,-464]   [-7000,0] --> [16611,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1441,-1429] [0,0] --> [-462,-464]   [-8000,0] --> [16615,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1434,-1429] [0,0] --> [-464,-464]   [-9000,0] --> [16612,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1432,-1429] [0,0] --> [-465,-464]   [-10000,0] --> [16620,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1425,-1429] [0,0] --> [-459,-464]   [-11000,0] --> [16606,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1433,-1429] [0,0] --> [-456,-464]   [-12000,0] --> [16611,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1438,-1429] [0,0] --> [-465,-464]   [-13000,0] --> [16617,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1438,-1429] [0,0] --> [-460,-464]   [-14000,0] --> [16611,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1434,-1429] [0,0] --> [-453,-464]   [-50000,0] --> [16619,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1428,-1429] [0,0] --> [-454,-464]   [-51000,0] --> [16599,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1425,-1429] [0,0] --> [-451,-464]   [-52000,0] --> [16631,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1430,-1429] [0,0] --> [-456,-464]   [-53000,0] --> [16612,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1438,-1429] [0,0] --> [-456,-464]   [-54000,0] --> [16613,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1437,-1429] [0,0] --> [-452,-464]   [-55000,0] --> [16608,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1430,-1429] [0,0] --> [-452,-464]   [-56000,0] --> [16610,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1435,-1429] [0,0] --> [-458,-464]   [-57000,0] --> [16609,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1439,-1429] [0,0] --> [-457,-464]   [-58000,0] --> [16620,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1433,-1429] [0,0] --> [-457,-464]   [-59000,0] --> [16614,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1434,-1429] [0,0] --> [-455,-464]   [-60000,0] --> [16616,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1438,-1429] [0,0] --> [-455,-464]   [-61000,0] --> [16611,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1439,-1429] [0,0] --> [-461,-464]   [-62000,0] --> [16602,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1435,-1429] [0,0] --> [-454,-464]   [-63000,0] --> [16609,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1445,-1429] [0,0] --> [-463,-464]   [-64000,0] --> [16605,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1440,-1429] [0,0] --> [-464,-464]   [-65000,0] --> [16601,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1447,-1429] [0,0] --> [-456,-464]   [-66000,0] --> [16614,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1449,-1429] [0,0] --> [-458,-464]   [-67000,0] --> [16608,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1438,-1429] [0,0] --> [-454,-464]   [-68000,0] --> [16607,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1445,-1429] [0,0] --> [-457,-464]   [-69000,0] --> [16611,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1437,-1429] [0,0] --> [-447,-464]   [-70000,0] --> [16607,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1441,-1429] [0,0] --> [-458,-464]   [-71000,0] --> [16609,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1433,-1429] [0,0] --> [-458,-464]   [-72000,0] --> [16609,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1438,-1429] [0,0] --> [-461,-464]   [-73000,0] --> [16610,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1432,-1429] [0,0] --> [-454,-464]   [-74000,0] --> [16619,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1442,-1429] [0,0] --> [-464,-464]   [-75000,0] --> [16615,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1430,-1429] [0,0] --> [-455,-464]   [-76000,0] --> [16610,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1445,-1429] [0,0] --> [-454,-464]   [-77000,0] --> [16605,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1435,-1429] [0,0] --> [-452,-464]   [-78000,0] --> [16609,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1437,-1429] [0,0] --> [-460,-464]   [-79000,0] --> [16607,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1436,-1429] [0,0] --> [-460,-464]   [-80000,0] --> [16613,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1448,-1429] [0,0] --> [-450,-464]   [-81000,0] --> [16608,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1445,-1429] [0,0] --> [-466,-464]   [-82000,0] --> [16610,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1432,-1429] [0,0] --> [-461,-464]   [-83000,0] --> [16609,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1447,-1429] [0,0] --> [-460,-464]   [-84000,0] --> [16614,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1442,-1429] [0,0] --> [-455,-464]   [-85000,0] --> [16619,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1445,-1429] [0,0] --> [-457,-464]   [-86000,0] --> [16612,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1447,-1429] [0,0] --> [-456,-464]   [-87000,0] --> [16609,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1446,-1429] [0,0] --> [-459,-464]   [-88000,0] --> [16604,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1455,-1429] [0,0] --> [-463,-464]   [-89000,0] --> [16601,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1449,-1429] [0,0] --> [-459,-464]   [-90000,0] --> [16604,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1449,-1429] [0,0] --> [-458,-464]   [-91000,0] --> [16613,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1460,-1429] [0,0] --> [-460,-464]   [-92000,0] --> [16608,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1453,-1429] [0,0] --> [-457,-464]   [-93000,0] --> [16606,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1453,-1429] [0,0] --> [-461,-464]   [-94000,0] --> [16615,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1451,-1429] [0,0] --> [-462,-464]   [-95000,0] --> [16606,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1456,-1429] [0,0] --> [-464,-464]   [-96000,0] --> [16617,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1450,-1429] [0,0] --> [-458,-464]   [-97000,0] --> [16612,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1455,-1429] [0,0] --> [-456,-464]   [-98000,0] --> [16600,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1451,-1429] [0,0] --> [-458,-464]   [-99000,0] --> [16606,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1457,-1429] [0,0] --> [-448,-464]   [-100000,0] --> [16612,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1452,-1429] [0,0] --> [-458,-464]   [-101000,0] --> [16606,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1451,-1429] [0,0] --> [-461,-464]   [-102000,0] --> [16613,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1459,-1429] [0,0] --> [-454,-464]   [-103000,0] --> [16617,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1460,-1429] [0,0] --> [-460,-464]   [-104000,0] --> [16612,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1452,-1429] [0,0] --> [-463,-464]   [-105000,0] --> [16607,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1452,-1429] [0,0] --> [-466,-464]   [-106000,0] --> [16605,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1454,-1429] [0,0] --> [-462,-464]   [-107000,0] --> [16616,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1444,-1429] [0,0] --> [-454,-464]   [-108000,0] --> [16607,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1460,-1429] [0,0] --> [-456,-464]   [-109000,0] --> [16611,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1461,-1429] [0,0] --> [-453,-464]   [-110000,0] --> [16613,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1447,-1429] [0,0] --> [-454,-464]   [-111000,0] --> [16609,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1458,-1429] [0,0] --> [-458,-464]   [-112000,0] --> [16612,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1451,-1429] [0,0] --> [-455,-464]   [-113000,0] --> [16606,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1453,-1429] [0,0] --> [-458,-464]   [-114000,0] --> [16614,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1453,-1429] [0,0] --> [-448,-464]   [-115000,0] --> [16617,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1454,-1429] [0,0] --> [-459,-464]   [-116000,0] --> [16610,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1459,-1429] [0,0] --> [-453,-464]   [-117000,0] --> [16618,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1454,-1429] [0,0] --> [-459,-464]   [-118000,0] --> [16607,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1453,-1429] [0,0] --> [-463,-464]   [-119000,0] --> [16618,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1455,-1429] [0,0] --> [-458,-464]   [-120000,0] --> [16617,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1455,-1429] [0,0] --> [-468,-464]   [-121000,0] --> [16602,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1461,-1429] [0,0] --> [-454,-464]   [-122000,0] --> [16608,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1457,-1429] [0,0] --> [-453,-464]   [-123000,0] --> [16615,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1454,-1429] [0,0] --> [-449,-464]   [-124000,0] --> [16617,16615]

[0,0] --> [-1164,-1429] [0,0] --> [-470,-464]   [-140000,0] --> [16636,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1162,-1429] [0,0] --> [-466,-464]   [-141000,0] --> [16629,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1159,-1429] [0,0] --> [-464,-464]   [-142000,0] --> [16634,16615]
[0,0] --> [-1894,-1429] [0,0] --> [-223,-464]   [-143000,0] --> [16593,16615]
[0,0] --> [-746,-1429]  [0,0] --> [-2777,-464]  [-144000,0] --> [10119,16615]
[0,0] --> [-746,10268]  [0,0] --> [-2777,-5483] [-144000,0] --> [10119,9177]

Hi all, after calibrating the ispindle on a flat surface (i put the rim of the petling over the edge otherwise it'd not be flat) i'm getting a reading of 71 in tilt and 27 in gravity, shouldn't gravity be a lot closer to 0? (read that on brewers friend)
I'm also only getting information sent to ubidots once after i switch it on and no more, have a set it up wrong?

Hi all, after calibrating the ispindle on a flat surface (i put the rim of the petling over the edge otherwise it'd not be flat) i'm getting a reading of 71 in tilt and 27 in gravity, shouldn't gravity be a lot closer to 0? (read that on brewers friend)

The suggestion is to adjust it so that it sits as close to 20° as possible in plain water

I'm also only getting information sent to ubidots once after i switch it on and no more, have a set it up wrong?

This is typically a symptom of the Diode being in backwards. Did you use the Diode or a resistor for the deep sleep?

Pictures always help.

Back