ISO Belching Beaver's Peanut Butter Milk Stout Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGTSparty

Reaction score
Just tried this while out visiting my brother who's stationed in SD and I thought it was great. I'd love to do a small batch to have on tap for the fall and winter any one have a clone recipe?

I know there are a lot of long threads about PB stouts on the forums but I haven't seen one targeting this beer. I'm assuming since it says peanut butter flavored on the bottle they're using an artificial PB flavoring vs PB2 and the like. Looking for an AG clone but if someone has an extract version that'd be great too. Thanks everyone!

I'm about 3 days away from kegging my Choc PB Milk Stout Recipe. This is my 3rd time brewing, but this is version 2.0 changing up a few things from 1.0, but so far flavor is great.

5.5gallons Batch size
6.5 Gallons Boil
60 boil Mash @152
60 min boil

7lbs Maris Otter
2lbs Crystal 60L
1lb Crystal 40L
1lb Chocolate Malt
1lb Flaked Oats
8oz Carapils

.5oz East Kent Goldings FWH
1oz East Kent Goldings @60

8oz Lactose at Flameout
6oz Cocoa Powder at Flameout

US04 rehydrated, fermented at 66-68 degrees

8-10oz PB Fit 3-4 days into fermentation. Just dump powder right into the fermenter

I wanted to know if anyone has done this using the peanut butter extract liquid in stead of the pb fit powder?
I'm wondering how much of the extract to use. I'm not wanting to end up with beer flavored carbonated peanut butter. lol

I wanted to know if anyone has done this using the peanut butter extract liquid in stead of the pb fit powder?
I'm wondering how much of the extract to use. I'm not wanting to end up with beer flavored carbonated peanut butter. lol

Yes, I added 4oz of liquid Natural Peanut Butter extract just before bottling (5 gal) milk stout. The results were great, especially after 4 weeks in the bottle. However 2 months later I think the PB flavor has diminished. Also, there was very little carbonation. I suspect the PB extract had an adverse effect on the carbonation.

So I need to learn when to add the PB extract; during the boil, or after. I’m open to suggestions

Rob
The Fishing Cat Brewery

I've had a lot of good results just racking on unsalted Valencia peanuts for 4 days in secondary. I generally haven't liked the powdered peanut butter, but that's just me.

I'm about 3 days away from kegging my Choc PB Milk Stout Recipe. This is my 3rd time brewing, but this is version 2.0 changing up a few things from 1.0, but so far flavor is great.

5.5gallons Batch size
6.5 Gallons Boil
60 boil Mash @152
60 min boil

7lbs Maris Otter
2lbs Crystal 60L
1lb Crystal 40L
1lb Chocolate Malt
1lb Flaked Oats
8oz Carapils

8oz Lactose at Flameout

8-10oz PB Fit 3-4 days into fermentation. Just dump powder right into the fermenter
Hi, what water profile did you use? And you made it with fly sparge? How many water you
Use for mash and sparge ? pH ranges ? Can I use real peanut butter? (Great Value Peanut butter from Walmart) Thank you From Chile! 🇨🇱

5.5gallons Batch size
6.5 Gallons Boil
60 boil Mash @152
60 min boil

7lbs Maris Otter
2lbs Crystal 60L
1lb Crystal 40L
1lb Chocolate Malt
1lb Flaked Oats
8oz Carapils

8oz Lactose at Flameout

Didnt mean to bring an old thread back from the dead but I was curious if youve moved onto a 3.0? Looking to get into home brewing and im wanting to use your new recipe if possible?

Back