Is this beer crze out of hand?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrydrez

Reaction score
Just got back from a craft festival, poured my self a saison dupont clone and began to wonder what I had just taken part of. Honestly I didn't imagine the beer craze had gotten this intense. Every brewery represented it seems had at least one beer barrel aged in something, if not two, if not all of there samples they offered. Of course I'm exaggerating a tad but still it's bewildering to think that the craft industry has become such a fad oriented business. I realize through reading and other things that brewing has always been this way someone comes up with something excellent and different then all else follow until the next trend comes along. I guess after just answering my own question my real question is with all the knowledge, info on brewing, history, etc... Can't we leave well enough alone. Some breweries have the knack for the beer , some beer, some session beers, some this some that and so on. What happened to perfecting a select beer style making it your own. It just seemed over the entire weekend that everyone had the same idea that was just not executed very well at all.

64d

I used to like beer, till I heard hipsters like it. Now I only drink fermented Aardvark piss with a twist of a lemon that is only found in the wilds of Guatamala. Beer.....pfffftttt

There are so many breweries competing for shelf space, nobody wants to miss a trend. Thus, too many breweries try to produce too many styles and quality suffers.

Honestly, I think a little attrition in the number of breweries would be best for the consumers. The pendulum has gone from too few choices to, I'm afraid, too many.

Then again, I hate to think of people loosing their livelihoods. So, screw it, the more the merrier I guess.

There are so many breweries competing for shelf space, nobody wants to miss a trend. Thus, too many breweries try to produce too many styles and quality suffers.

Honestly, I think a little attrition in the number of breweries would be best for the consumers. The pendulum has gone from too few choices to, I'm afraid, too many.

Then again, I hate to think of people loosing their livelihoods. So, screw it, the more the merrier I guess.

I hereby banish you from this thread for being far too serious and actually having something to say.

:off:

How dare you! :ban:

Latest posts

Back