Is this a good deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crash

Reaction score
Found a guy selling a Morebeer AG set up for $2,000. It is the tiered set up and says it comes with the SMART system. Pictures look like new condition. What does used equipment like this go for?:confused:

Depends which tiered system and what options other than just SMART. Is it stainless? Five ten, or twenty gallon? Tippy dump tier or standard three tier?

Depending on age, on any used equipment, not just brewing, I won't pay more than 1/2 to 3/4 of the price new. *shrug*

Not stainless; 10-12 gallon batches; standard 3 tier; also includes 6 cornies, 2-3 carboys, fridge & chest freezer with ranco, etc. Said he paid 2300 plus shipping on sculpture a couple of years ago, but goes for 2700 now.

It depends on how much you want it and how much he wants to sell it.
Green talks, show him $1,800 cash if that unit fits your needs as $1,800 these days it's better than no offer at all. The seller knows this also and has a lower limit already in mind. A head game play it right and win. If turned down take your time as another brewing system will come along besides a maybe a bigger system at which we all know we grow into. Maybe this is why this smaller unit is on the for sale market at the moment.
Leave emotions out of it and have a neutral friend come along and help you.
JMO's Good luck you might get it at the cheaper price.

I would offer $1200 and negotiate. People always like to tell you what they paid, what it sells for, etc. None of that matters in a sale & negotiation. It is only worth what a willing buyer will pay for it. You need to take the attitude that you don't care one way or the other if he sells it to you. If you miss this one someone more motivated will be selling one someday, could be me! Bad economic times means buy it cheap or wait it out.

Good luck & happy bidding!

Lucky you, I have been browsing the ads for the last 2 months and there has not been anything worth while out here in Cali. Looks like its time to build a structure

Latest posts

Back