is my belgian ruined?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlsonderek

Reaction score
does anyone know if like a tablespoon or less of Straight-A sanitizer solution (not the powder, just the water/powder solution)gets into your beer if its ruined. based on the label it definitely is not for consumption, but honestly more concerned with how/if it will affect my tripel if some spilled out of my airlock and went into the beer while i was sealing up the secondary. i hope it's not ruined. i more want to know if the taste will be affected...i feel like i should be ok still seeing as it was less that a tablespoon or so?

thank you!

What size is the batch? My guess will be you will never know that happened. This is why I use the cheapest vodka I can find for airlocks...

It ended up being a 4 gallon batch, and I feel really dumb because sometimes I use vodka and I cant remember what I used this time since it was such a small amount. Thanks for the reply!

Straight-A is a cleaner, as opposed to a no rinse sanitizer like Star San, One Step, etc. Check the label and/or contact Five Star, give it a little taste, and you will see. Usually I use just water for primary, vodka for extended aging or if a vacuum is likely due to fluctuating temps.

Latest posts

Back