Is my beer ruined????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the fact that you could even see your bucket suggests to me that you don't employ any sort of temperature control. Everyone knows that if you don't keep your fermenting beer in a .0000003 degree range of the ideal target temp, it will be garbage. you might as well feed your beer to a sewer goat -- it's bunk.

Gonna need a lot more info. How long did you look at it? Where you wearing glasses and contacts...or both? Did you sanitize your entire field of vision? What yeast did you use?

You can't expect proper assistance without giving us a few basic facts.

More importantly, did the almost certainly improper amount of yeast in the wort see you? What were you wearing? Wait, that came out wrong. Is there any chance you "shocked" your yeast? It's complicated.

The only real way to know is to stick your finger in it to see if it's slimy.

The bucket was sitting in my closet. I had to open in to get something out. I tried to avert my eyes but I suddenly found myself staring right at it. I had not sanitized my eyes or the glasses I was wearing.

Also I was wearing jeans and some sort of t-shirt at the time. Does this help?

Glimpsing at an unfinished beer is akin to staring into the face of god. Quite frankly, you're quite lucky to have survived the encounter. I wouldn't recommend a second attempt.

Picture of the inside of my bucket. I'm strangely drawn to it! Sweaty palms.

200.gif

"some kind of t-shirt"? You just wearing random t-shirts around your wort? Was it a concert t? An under armor t two sizes too small? Was it a beer t? If it was, I hope for your sake it was at least of the same style as what's in the bucket.

Back