I'm a newbie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just finished my first batch and messed up, was drinking and missed the step to leave the beer two weeks and put it the fridge overnight before I found mistake. Is it ruined?

Was it done fermenting?

If so just put it in the keg, let it carb and enjoy it.

If not let it finish fermenting, the sugar will make it a little thinner but shouldn’t be really impact it.

Last edited:
Just finished my first batch and messed up, was drinking and missed the step to leave the beer two weeks and put it the fridge overnight before I found mistake. Is it ruined?
Which step did you miss - leave two weeks to ferment, or leave two weeks to bottle condition? (Note: To weeks is not a fixed time frame for either step.)

I added the priming sugar and put in glass jars I was gonna put it in the kegorator. It's now in a dark place
I just realized that it looks like you "bottled" in glass jars. AFAIK standard glass jars can't handle the pressure of conditioning. If I'm understanding correctly, this would be really dangerous - exploding glass jars.

I just realized that it looks like you "bottled" in glass jars. AFAIK standard glass jars can't handle the pressure of conditioning. If I'm understanding correctly, this would be really dangerous - exploding glass jars.
Ok, I will not do that again, thank you for your help!

Ok, I will not do that again, thank you for your help!
You have a major safety issue right now. I haven't had to deal with that problem, so don't have specific advice, but you need to deal with it right away. Maybe someone following this thread can help. But those jars could explode any time - I'm surprised they haven't already. If you're going near them, wear personal protective equipment (PPE). And keep others away. Please be very careful.

You have a major safety issue right now. I haven't had to deal with that problem, so don't have specific advice, but you need to deal with it right away. Maybe someone following this thread can help. But those jars could explode any time - I'm surprised they haven't already. If you're going near them, wear personal protective equipment (PPE). And keep others away. Please be very careful.
Thanks for your help, all taken care of with no incidents

Latest posts

Back